Syneos Health is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientific Manager.
While reporting to the Country Manager or designee based in/around Salzburg, this role will provide critical support ensuring regional commercial compliance including material, activities and spendings reviews and scientific education of team members. This role will direct third party nurses and will ensure that by training and medical knowledge coverage, that our clients’ expectations and goals are identified, measureable, time-bound, and attainable.
Part-time/partially home-based work could be discussed.
Senior Scientific Manager (m/f) Austria
- Serves as a medical expert for the 3 countries Austria, Poland and Czech R., maintains high level interactions with KOLs and fosters long term professional relation on the behalf of our client
- Provides therapeutic area and products trainings to all relevant personnel
- Serves as expert on therapeutic area of PAH and products, e.g. infusion and implantable.
- Trains and supports nurses in the three countries in their day to day task, professional conduct and development
- Participates in relevant national and international congresses and all major events
- Provides of scientific support to medical and marketing activities as required including review of materials, activities, congresses, grant applications etc.
- Responsible for development and management of non-promotional support materials
- Acts as local commercial compliance officer and is responsible for communication with Competent Authorities on the behalf of our client if and when required
- Responsible for Medical Information service and system
- Provides compliance and pharmacovigilance trainings to all relevant personnel
- Qualified and registered Medical Doctor by training, with clinical experience or Natural sciences background/HCP with experience in similar position in pharmaceutical company
- Medical Affairs and network building experience; ideally additional experience in country-level medical affairs
- Preferably experience in line-management and managing various stakeholders in healthcare ecosystem
- interest and understanding of healthcare systems of the three countries
- interest and understanding of clinical practice, guidelines and existing standards in idiopathic or heritable pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable compliance, legal & regulatory requirements
- Experience in handling and data from clinical trials (Phase I-IV) and its interpretation
- Very good organizational skills and strong team and customer orientation as well as increased communication skills
- Fluency in German and Business English, preferably also local language(s) from concerned countries
- Increased willingness to travel desired, vicinity to Salzburg preferred