Researched and relatable, science-driven and social, you’re an extroverted expert.
If there’s one thing your preparation in earning your advanced degree has taught you, it’s how to evolve your expertise rapidly and stay at the forefront of your field. Forging new relationships and establishing rapport with thought leaders comes naturally to you and you like being around people. Poised and articulate, you are a listener, an educator and a gifted cultivator of new and exciting opportunities grounded in the science. You’ve got what it takes to be a Medical Science Liaison with Syneos Health.
You’ll confer with internal stakeholders and build new collaborative relationships with medical and scientific leaders. You’ll contribute cutting-edge clinical and scientific data to help move healthcare forward and positively impact patients. You will:
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain scientific relationships with stakeholders while developing a strong understanding of clinical practice as it relates to areas of interest for Acerus
- Identify the medical information needs and research interests of stakeholders
- Serve as the primary resource to provide support for addressing unsolicited medical questions and other scientific exchange matters
- Integrate scientific data into real life practice to meet customer/audience needs, adapting interpersonal style to particular situations and people
- Participate in the development of a customer-centric tactical engagement plan to support Medical Affair’s strategies
- Provide education on topics related to Medical Affairs strategies
- Identify, gather, and document field generated scientific insights to inform executable and innovative Medical Affairs strategies
- Maintain scientific and clinical knowledge base through continuous learning and awareness of related scientific literature to enable meaningful scientific exchange
- Collaborate with field based Medical colleagues, appropriate Commercial colleagues, and the broader organization to provide scientific expertise and share Medical insights in support of internal and external activities
- Support activities such as publications, medical conference staffing, advisory boards, speaker training and formulary presentations.
- Leverage knowledge of standards of care and company/investigator sponsored clinical trials and competitor landscape to facilitate external-internal research communication
- Respond to unsolicited scientific inquiries of Health Care Providers (HCPs)/investigators/health care systems/academic medical centers and treatment team members integrating scientific data including real world evidence in to real life practice to meet customer needs
- Maintain understanding and competence in the following areas: Men’s Health including Medical Affairs Field mission, vision and operating principles; operating company scientific data and objectives; market dynamics and competitive landscape; regulatory and health care compliance guidelines; corporate policies on appropriate business conduct and ethical behavior
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) preferred with a minimum of 3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience
- 2+ years’ industry experience preferably in MSL role (Urology/Endocrinology experience highly preferred).
- Clear understanding of MSL roles/responsibilities and Medical Affairs activities, including publication planning, medical information, advisory board development & management
- Strong scientific and clinical acumen
- Ability to quickly understand and translate complex scientific data and realize the potential impact of that data on clinical practice and potential research needs
- Ability to travel 60% (including overnight travel) and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assignments, unless otherwise specified
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, each day brings an opportunity to take ownership of a new challenge. Teaming with some of the most talented clinicians in the industry, you'll improve patient outcomes and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate improving patient outcomes?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)