As the Syneos Health Communications VP, Communications Business Development you will grow and expand the Syneos Health business development opportunities by developing and fostering relationships with key decision-makers within biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. You are proactive and passionate about growth and business development. You should have the ability to think strategically about complex client organizations of all sizes and understand how to unlock growth in those accounts and have strong prospecting skills with a deep interest, expertise, and network in healthcare communications. You will think about how we can connect our unique set of integrated offerings across advertising, PR and medical communications can tackle problems for our clients.
This position can be remoted based or located at one of our office locations in the US. Travel required to clients and Syneos Health offices across the US up to 50% of time.
You are an experienced, motivated BD leader with a hunter mindset responsible for generating new business by opening doors for our subject matter experts and qualifying leads.
- You impact Syneos Health financial performance in two key ways: 1) pipeline opportunity generation; 2) growth through new business identification, qualification and conversion.
- You will collaborate with individual agencies leads and cross-functional commercial counterparts to ensure knowledge of current and future offerings, solutions, intellectual property etc. in order to compete and win in the market.
- You will maintain strong relationships with the Communication and agency leaders to understand current business footprint and client map including revenues, nature of engagements, scope of offering, existing relationships, potential opportunities, etc.
- You create a working environment that encourages and supports a positive mindset about the work as well as the client and agency staff that is involved. You encourage, and demonstrate, unity behind team and agency decision-making.
- You are a true collaborator and create an environment that encourages information sharing and openness to new ideas. You ask open-ended questions to get to the root of issue. You manage change and conflict by offering guidance and support. You demonstrate a desire and aptitude to present in small and large, internal and external groups. You manage meetings with efficiency and ensure critical objectives are met.
- You display, and serve as a model of, marketing curiosity and the willingness to push your own thinking and in new directions. You lead the efforts to develop and articulate key points-of-view – internally and externally – relative to strategic alternatives, client industries and issues. You demonstrate the capacity, to identify key elements of an issue, problem or data set and be able to articulate a wide range of client and agency opportunities and implications. You make decisions that reflect “layers” of thought – enthusiasm, insight, caution, discretion.
- You position yourself as an industry thought leader, actively networking to develop brand awareness. You are a trusted leader. You actively research, synthetize and communicate current trends and changes in our industry. You build relationships with internal and external partners.
- You have previous sales experience in marketing or advertising services, possess strong persuasive & organizational skills, passion, exceptional written and oral communication & presentation skills, are detail-oriented, motivated in exceeding sales goals, and have a strong desire to succeed.
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in a communications, business or a science related field.
- You have 15+ years’ related BD experience in healthcare, plus extensive experience in advertising, public relations, and medical communications, including brand management and launch experience.
- You are a confident and persuasive communicator and collaborator.
- You foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for all regardless of title or level.
- You act as a positive role model for agency at client and industry events. You present a professional and positive image both internally and externally.
- You have understanding of therapeutic categories/disease states.
- You demonstrate superior presentation, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- You are able to identify external decision makers and determine how best to address their unmet needs.
- You have a strategic mindset and are perceived by clients as a communications thought leader and strategic partner.
- You have proven expertise in the planning, execution, and leadership of new business prospecting strategies.
- You have ability to develop prospecting strategies that create long-term value for the organization.
- You understand broader commercial client challenges and the ability to derive communications opportunities thereof.
- You have aptitude in building a sales pipeline individually.
- You demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, passion, natural competitiveness and strong desire to succeed.
- You demonstrate ability to develop and execute successful sales strategy.
- You have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- You possess excellent perception & problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly recognize opportunities.
- You have the ability to work independently while communicating to agency leadership teams in real-time.
- Strong motivation toward agency top-line growth.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)