You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
The Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding and documenting the businesses challenges, requirements, developing, and executing a future roadmap addressing business challenges. The BA will provide leadership and guidance to the business analyst functional team.
The Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing and overseeing the review of assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial, and technological risks in addition to growth and efficiency opportunities. Responsibilities will include a full range of activities from leading small to mid-size projects to assisting business partners on larger more complex projects related to operational business functions that affect team members and providers at the market level.
- Synthesize information from various departments enabling the project team to make key strategic decisions in a timely manner.
- Stellar documentation skills with the ability to articulate complex topics in a concise and articulate manner.
- Understand data needs and compose data queries, analysis and reports and garner a thorough understanding of data output and potential business implications.
- Create process flows that map current procedures and workflows.
- Manage and drive decision making process amongst key stakeholders.
- Develop customized analytical reports to meet requests of external and internal customers.
- Drive effective follow up, including data and information delivery and next steps.
- Experience writing use cases containing clearly articulated needs, features and acceptance tests.
- You will be required to analyze business process flows and impact on technology flows.
- You will be required to translate regulatory requirements into functional technical requirements
- You will write users stories in an iterative fashion, liaising with the developers, product owners and other business analysts within the scrum team.
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to understand requirements and share with the technical team.
- Provide training and on-going support for system processes and policy-based procedures
- Attend meetings and daily communication sessions to keep abreast of project objectives, process workflows and progress of business concepts
- Effectively communicate and message with experience in communicating to senior leadership.
- Proven past experience with project management (e.g., data inventory, rationalization, and migration preferred) including the capacity to manage multiple projects and priorities at an extremely fast-paced schedule.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in an equivalent role
- One or more years of experience working in in the Commercial side of the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive broad technology experience, 3+ years of experience in IT PM, BA or similar role by function
- Experience working in a matrix environment and demonstrated ability to balance and coordinate multiple directions within a project and add value to the communication stream
- Experience and demonstrated expertise with relational and non-relational databases, software and data integration design and solution architecture
- Experience managing requirements facilitation and documentation process
- Contribution to a software development/ support team in multiple roles and responsibilities for minimum of 5 years
- Formal project management training, Exposure to the PMI methodology
- Experience working with Multi/ Omni Channel and Data Integration projects, especially in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in a Client Service business and/or client facing role
- Experience in Salesforce.com
- Experience in SQL and/or NoSQL database understanding, design, architecture
- Salesforce.com admin level certification
- Experience with reporting tools like MicroStrategy, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau
- Experience in testing and bug reporting tools
- Expertise in data profiling, mapping and/or analytics
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)