GSW New York is hiring a Senior Copywriter.
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The Senior Copywriter takes responsibility for concepts, writing, and presentation of all projects for assigned accounts. Provides supervision, mentorship, guidance, and support to copywriters within the team.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Partners with art directors on brand concept development
- Collaborates with creative, account services, production, and extended team members
- Collaborates with editors and owns accuracy and consistency in writing style
- Acts as a hands-on copywriter
- Presents and sells ideas internally and to clients
- Provides mentorship, guidance, and support to other writers within the group
- Participates in the recruiting, hiring, training, and developing, of copywriters in the group
- Keeps up to date with trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
- Keeps up to date with trends within the industries specific to assigned accounts
- Is knowledgeable about products and services specific to assigned accounts
- Ability to manage and lead the creative process, workflow, workload, and resources among copy group
- Ability to work on a wide- range of accounts and categories
- Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
- Providing Direction: Can establish clear directions based on objectives; distributes the workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on the progress of work and results
- Understanding and Implementing Direction: Can understand creative direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues & needs, the progress of work and results
- Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of the client's business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- 4-5 years experience in the field of writing, at least 5 of which is concentrated in advertising or healthcare.
- oncology experinece a plus
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)