You’re an expert facilitator: you open doors, foster communication and bridge the gap Syneos Health.
Connecting people with the information they need is your forte. You’re a unifier by nature and you’re at your best when setting others up for success. Your ability to clear the way, extrapolate intricate details, attend to complex situations and serve as a trusted go-between make you a perfect fit for a Field Reimbursement Manager role at Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas – more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The Field Reimbursement Manager will be responsible for the management of defined accounts in a specified geographic region in the Immunology & Dermatology therapeutic area, specifically supporting our clients product in the targeted dermatology market. The Field Reimbursement Manager will execute the collaborative territory strategic plan through partnership with internal and external stakeholders, including call center services and other collaboration partners. Responsibilities include ensuring understanding of Reimbursement services and program support as it relates to the Immunology & Dermatology franchise. The Reimbursement Manager will also work on patient level reimbursement issue resolution, and thus will need access to be knowledge of and have had experience with patient health information (PHI).
Note this is not a sales job.
Services and Activities Provided by Reimbursement Managers:
Field Reimbursement Managers manage daily activities that support appropriate patient Reimbursement to our client's products in the provider offices and work as a liaison to other patient assistance and Reimbursement support services offered by our client. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide live one-on-one support to address questions about coverage requirements
- Offer assistance from prescriber decision through to access, supporting the entire Reimbursement journey through payer prior authorization to appeals/denials requirements procedures and forms
- Reviewing patient-specific information in cases where the site has specifically requested the assistance and patient health information is available in resolving any issues or coverage challenges
- Reviewing patient insurance benefit options, in cases where patient health information is available as a result of patient SRF
- Coordinating with other patient support service program representatives and with the field sales force, if necessary
- Educating physician office staff on the use of the patient assistance programs and call center support services, including web based provider programs
- Provide information on relevant Reimbursement topics related to the client product
- Serve as payer expert for defined geography and able to communicate changes to key stakeholders in a timely manner
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum three years’ experience in public or private third party Reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in managed care, clinical support, or sales.
Experience with specialty products acquired through Specialty Pharmacy networks
Experience with coding, billing and in office support programs
Specialty pharmacy experience required (ability to teach an office the entire process from script to injection)
Establishing relationships within a practice by working closely with them to help remove Reimbursement barriers to specialty products for their patients
Ability to operate as a “team player” in collaborating with multiple sales representatives, sales leadership, and internal colleagues to reach common goals
Knowledge of Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) policies and processes with expertise in Medicare Part D (Pharmacy Benefit design and coverage policy) a plus
Knowledge of Managed Care, Government, and Federal payer sectors, as well as Integrated Delivery Network/Integrated Health Systems a plus
Ability to travel and cover large multistate geography territories, at least 50% travel required, based on geography and territory / targeting make up
Excellent presentation skills
Advanced knowledge of medical insurance terminology
Strong teamwork abilities
Project management skills
Ability to work independently
Ability to manage expenses within allocated budgets
Good driving record
Ability to schedule individual work related travel (air, hotel, rental car as needed)
Above average computer skills: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, CRM (Salesforce.com)
Understanding of patient privacy laws including HIPAA and similar state laws
Strong business acumen
Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company’s policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work that can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Car Allowance
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)