Updated: December 12, 2019
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 6988
GSW New York is hiring a Freelance Copywriter.
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The position will be responsible to support the Associate Creative Director in creating and maintaining the creative vision for all assigned brands. Share in the leadership of the creative team and manage the day-to-day workload. Mentor and develop copywriter(s).
• Effectively develop promotional copy for assigned product(s).
• Mentor and monitor of direct reports on additional brand(s).
• To develop and maintain the creative direction/vision of the brand(s).
• Participate in strategic and promotional planning for assigned products.
• Assist with distribution and management of brand projects, adhering to timelines and estimates.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of assigned therapeutic categories as well as pharmaceutical marketing restrictions/requirements.
• Demonstrate mastery of manuscript submission process, including referencing and regulatory details of assigned product(s) (may vary from account to account).
• Be an active voice in all strategic and tactical meetings for assigned brand(s).
• Assist in the development and maintenance of agency creative vision and the leadership of the creative team.
• Develop working relationship with brand manager(s) and Director in client interactions and be able to maintain that positive relationship
• Proactively advise client on potential promotional opportunities (i.e., internal campaigns, sales rep programs, booth draws, and new media).
• Actively participate in client strategic meetings, market research, and work plan development and be able to present ideas and creative solutions comfortably.
• Possess solid understanding of the science and market dynamics of assigned brand(s).
• Complete understanding of the editorial and regulatory processes and requirements for assigned brand(s).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Effectively handle multiple assignments at one time.
• Demonstrated ability to:
o Communicate thorough knowledge of assigned product(s) and marketplace.
o Present their work and the work of the team to the client.
o Effectively handle multiple assignments at one time.
o Manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
• Conceptual Creativity:
• Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
• Providing Direction: Can establish clear directions based on objectives; distributes the workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on the progress of work and results
• Understanding and Implementing Direction: Can understand creative direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues & needs, the progress of work and results.
Discover what our 24,000 employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We work hard, and smart, all in the name of getting much-needed therapies to those who need them most. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world. Selecting us as an employer secures a career in which you’re guaranteed to: