The Communications Strategy Group (CSG) here at Syneos Health in London is looking for a Senior Strategic Planner to join the team on either a six month fixed term contract or on a permanent basis.
This position will report to the Head of Client Strategy and will support the work of the group across both existing accounts and BD opportunities, in applying imaginative, insight-driven thinking to both properly define, then creatively solve, clients’ strategic challenges.
- Work as an enthusiastic and collaborative member of the CSG, our agency strategy group incorporating Research, Strategic Planning, Channel Planning and Measurement (Analytics) units
- Take the role as lead strategist on agency RFP responses and live pitches across Advertising, PR and MedComms, working independently with only light supervision and guidance from the Head of Client Strategy
- Act as thought leader on those same pitches, quickly coming to a strong point of view regarding the optimal strategy for the problem at hand and having the confidence and interpersonal skills required to stick to it under challenge and bring other team members along with him/her
- Convert this thinking succinctly into the agency’s primary sharing and briefing tools, such as the strategic ‘story spine’, creative brief form, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the creative department, ensuring that its members fully understand both the marketing problem and proposed solution, and feel both engaged and heard at all points
- Write and present slides, or other appropriate presentational materials, that powerfully and engagingly explain the proposed strategic solution at the final client presentation(s)
- Help design, interpret and present primary and secondary market research, converting data into novel and useable insights that can help solve client marketing problems or convert new business opportunities
- Review research decks provided by the client or segmentation studies, analyst reports, etc. relevant to a new business opportunity and extract the salient points for practical application by other team members
- Consult when appropriate with Business Development and other disciplines (Finance, Managed Markets, Recruiting, Consulting, etc.) within our broad, integrated team
- Proactively seek out industry and market intelligence that may impact BD success
- Offer strategic guidance and support on existing agency pieces of business at times when such support is required
- Bachelor's degree
- Solid experience working across at least one of our Advertising, PR and MedComms comms disciplines, and ideally more than one: while multiple experience is not mandatory, an enthusiasm and curiosity to start doing so when working with us very much is
- Healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry experience ideal: but, again, curiosity/appetite to understand the category mandatory
- Extensive research experience and expertise: working understanding of statistical techniques as apply to research design and interpretation
- Proven experience developing actionable insight and solutions from data, data models, and other information sources
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including development of PowerPoint slides and other visual aids that summarise findings/insights
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and determine what, in a sea of data and information, matters most - and the confidence to discard what doesn’t
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to get along with a wide range of disciplines
- Good presentational skills, the ability to both educate and inspire others
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, Word
- Ability to ask imaginative and probing questions, and to listen fully and open-mindedly to the responses