GSW is looking for a talented and energetic Web Developer to join our Newtown, PA team.
As part of GSW’s Creative Technology team the Web Developer will focus on all areas of development, inclusive of front-end and backend technologies. As such, the candidate should have a solid working knowledge and ability to execute on modern web frameworks such as Bootstrap/Foundation & boilerplate. Along with that, having expertise in leveraging build scripts, managing SSL procurement, managing GIT repositories are an absolute must. A broad experience in different technologies and a natural inclination toward ongoing learning is a must.
The ideal candidate is a leader in technology, possesses vast industry expertise, and is looked upon as a vital resource in business development and technology to provide new ideas for solutions that bring business value to our clients and to the company. This position will provide technology guidance across multiple projects to ensure quality solutions. They also assist in internal research and development efforts. Candidates should also have an understanding/experience in creating web and app based visual experiences that go beyond a traditional website.
- Assure the overall technical quality of the solution.
- Help resolve key technology issues on projects.
- Identify tools, processes and methodologies to be used for object modeling.
- Build and maintain the object model for the system using design patterns and levels of abstraction, ensuring future maintainability of the system
- Analyze existing data structures and object models for reusability
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to interact and collaborate on an individual or group setting. Able to escalate issues, both technical and timing, in a professional and clear manor.
- Explain sensitive and complicated issues such as graceful degradation / cross-browser compatibility to other non-technical teams such as account and production.
- Demonstrate a solutions-oriented attitude. The teams will look to this role as a problem solver in complex situations.
- Accurately predict development timelines and hours of effort, be able to stick to those estimates and react quickly to change.
- Ability to "own" a project by helping to identify missing pieces and solutions.
- Understand the pace of advertising. Things move quickly, ideas are fluid and need to be guided home in a calm, professional and optimistic manor.
- Must be a good communicator with people both above and below. A friendly/open working relationship with team members and vendor partners is an absolute must.
- Bachelors degree. Computer Science Degree Preferred, or comparable experience
- 5-7 years experience, preferably at an advertising agency
- Ability and desire to stay current on with new technologies through self-directed research. Must be able to ramp-up on new technologies quickly.
- Expert in OO JS, HTML, CSS3, mobile best practices, social media integration.
- Expert in backend or middleware scripting languages such as node, PHP, python, or Ruby. Experience managing SQL databases.
- Experienced in using LESS/SASS, leveraging gulp/grunt/webpack for builds.
- Expertise in working with GIT, both on an individual level and with teams.
- Experience integrating with a CMS
- Experience integrating with 3rd Party web services
- Experience coding responsive emails
- Experience with SVG animations
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager