You’re bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake.
You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales role with Syneos Health.
This opportunity is with our Deployment Solutions Commercial Division, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies that deliver. Syneos Health is seeking a field-based Key Account Manager. The Long Term Care (LTC) Key Account Manager is responsible for fostering business relationships in the LTC market with Tier 1 nursing home chains, LTC pharmacies, and consultant pharmacists and have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a mastery of CVM products’ clinical efficacy and a deep understanding of his or her market with special emphasis on CVM product use in the elderly; articulate a value proposition for the customer with special emphasis on institutionalized elderly patients; build excellent customer relations with key customers and accounts, as well as conduct customer in-services. This should all be done within HCC guidelines
- Partner with LTC pharmacy executives (CEO/COO/SVP/Director) at accounts to create mutually beneficial business relationships
- Build relationships and influence nursing home chains at the C- and D-suite level (e.g. CEO, COO, SVPs, Directors of Quality, Medical Directors, CFO, CMO) in order to penetrate customers with breadth and depth in a way that and leads to the identification and implementation of quality partnership initiatives like clinical protocol development and care pathway placement with approved, on-label information and resources related to cardiovascular products.
- Provide insights, evaluate competitive activity, identify key opportunities, and develop specific business plans with account or market objectives and tactics that optimize business performance
- Strategically develop & implement pull through plans that enable and influence demand across the skilled nursing facilities, residential nursing homes, and assisted living facilities belonging to the Tier 1 chains, including:
- Develop understanding of organization level of formulary control and willingness or ability to control based on past behavior
- Enable patient access to our cardiovascular products in skilled nursing facilities to enable catchment of institutional discharges and optimal transition of care
- Enable and influence utilization of our cardiovascular products in prioritized Systems of Care
- Track, problem solve, and analyze product performance and communicate key account initiatives broadly with key partners.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and initiate market shaping opportunities through evolving Account business models
- Build network with key LTC professional associations, and channel-specific thought leaders and influence customers at the C&D suite level to support CVM’s Strategic Imperatives, inclusive of current and future products
- Successfully partner with LTC specialty representatives and hospital team to develop and implement a channel-focused business plan with targeted objectives to enable and influence demand across Tier 1 nursing home chains, referring hospitals & their contracted pharmacies
- Conduct local market business analysis with local sales leaders to find opportunities and prioritize activities for the CVM business
- Apply a range of large account management, consultative skills, and clinical expertise to build support for our portfolio of products and enhance our status with customers
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners, including but not limited to, Brand, Field Sales, Strategic Customer Group, and Medical Affairs, as appropriate to address market needs, maximize efforts, and achieve business goals
- Exceed sales and qualitative goal expectations and identify new growth opportunities within aligned accounts.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of previous success and LTC market assessment skills to identify opportunities and execute effectively. The candidate must communicate clearly and concisely, function as a market knowledge expert and provide strategic partnership with local management teams.
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an engaging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required
- A valid driver’s license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States and a clean driving record is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional Long-Term Care Account Sales experience or a minimum of three (3) years of Business to Business Account Management experience
- Large account management experience
- Fluency in post-acute care & long-term care required
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, ability to balance short and long- term goals and gain alignment across multiple decision makers
- Experience in developing and implementing business plans, including identification, evaluation, and impact of opportunities
- The ability to travel, which may include overnight / weekend travel, up to 70% of the time, in support of the business, is required
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
- Candidates must satisfy reasonable credentialing requirements, including, but not limited to TB tests, Hepatitis B vaccine, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox).
- Master’s degree in a related field or an MBA
- Working knowledge of LTC facility and pharmacy payment sources and how each of these may influence the use of products in different levels of institutional care. In particular, a detailed knowledge of the different parts of Medicare drug coverage and how they are viewed by pharmacy providers vs. facility providers
- Understanding of and ability to stay current on evolving LTC policy and regulations and how they impact customer priorities and decision making
- 3 to 5 years of LTC Account Sales experience and existing relationships with the LTC skilled nursing facility chain community
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. We’re dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate pharmaceutical sales?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)