“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The VP, Brand Strategy will drive Speak People strategic approach for a number of key clients within GSW. VP, Brand Strategy is primarily responsible for all facets of brand planning across the brand team and as an integral part of individual Brand Leadership Teams. The VP Planning is tasked with the development of planning and research processes that identify unmet market needs through the illumination of customer emotions and market insights.
The VP Planning is able to work and balance both sides of the agency/client relationship by translating insights into a strategic point of view that can ground a team, lead to great strategic creative, adhere to measurable brand objectives and ultimately, elate clients.
- Strategy. The VP Brand Strategy works proactively in ensuring agency value by leveraging consumer insights into the development of a superior brand strategy and creative brand story that are unique to the market place. The VP Brand Strategy has an ability to create a brand gestalt that depicts a unified strategy that clients and creatives can rally behind.
- Research savvy. The VP Brand Strategy offers clients a new perspective on the value of research as the collaborative interface between the agency, brand team and market research vendor. The VP Brand Strategy ensures that appropriate research methods are employed to meet agency and client objectives in building and launching successful brands. He/she must be able to independently analyze disparate research findings in a way that supports the development of a brand story but also protects the integrity of creative ideas.
- Bring brand to life. The VP Brand Strategy uses human truths and strategy to drive the brand creation process. Through strong collaboration with the Creative team, he/she ensures that communications are on-strategy and emotionally resonate with all audiences throughout the launch, brand creation or creative development process.
- Client / project management. The VP Brand Strategy works collaboratively with account and creative teams, but are also recognized by clients as 'go-to' delivery experts and demonstrate exceptional key client relationship management. The VP Brand Strategy helps drive improvements in delivery output as well as helping establish upfront agency scope and planning processes.
- Tactical planning. The VP Brand Strategy must not only advocate for the overall brand strategy, but he/she must also contribute to its evolution. The VP Brand Strategy must understand and appreciate the tactical requirements of the business – and be capable of developing tactical solutions that deliver immediate results while supporting the brand experience.
- 8-10 years marketing and advertising experience, at least 5 of which are in a planning and strategy role within an agency with direct client-facing and creative-facing responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree preferred in behavioral sciences, business marketing and/or advertising.
- Previous supervisory experience, esp. in building, staffing and mentoring subordinates.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)