The freelance medical writer assists in the development of scientific content including slide decks and other written pieces.
- Responsible for the development of scientific content including slide decks and manuscripts. Development includes:
- Necessary background research
- Working with clients and other team members to determine outline for project
- Writing of slides or enduring material
- Providing full reference set
- Preparing materials for legal and regulatory review with clients
- Incorporating all stakeholder feedback
- Assists senior team members in client-facing meetings
- Travels to advisory boards (majority Thursday and Friday travel) and assists in:
- Preparing slides for meeting
- Providing summary of meeting
- Travels to scientific meetings (majority Thursday and Friday travel) to gather data for planned or potential publications
- Focused on learning and fully understanding assigned disease state and treatment options.
- MD, PhD, PharmD or RN
- 1-2 years medical writing experience, or some level of communication experience as a post-doctoral fellow or graduate student (developed slide presentations, wrote manuscripts, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with account teams, other writers, editors, physicians and clients
- Ability to communicate medical/technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks and provide effective direction to others; can quickly evaluate the resources necessary to accomplish a goal and put those into action.
- PowerPoint experience
- EndNote reference management database experience, preferred
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)