This position provides critical day-to-day studio support for creative teams in the production of print and digital/interactive materials.
The position reports to the Director, Studio & Production for day-to-day project assignments but also collaborates with the Agency’s creative and creative services team members for implementation and direction.
- Responsible for building production-ready files (mechanicals), making edits to existing layouts and some opportunities for initial design.
- Prepare electronic mechanical print files according to vendor specifications and adhering to the brand style guides set by the clients.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Creative Services as part of an integrated team.
- Adhere to agency vision for quality and uphold the creative process while maintaining client style guidelines.
- Work with Director of Studio & Production on schedules and hours requirements.
- Maintain server structure and organization and collaborates with studio department personnel for file creation efficiencies and server organization.
- Self-motivated: Able to deliver a quality product on time and on budget (allocated hours).
- Traditional graphic art and studio support, such as, mounting art on boards, building mock-ups and presentation materials, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field a plus
- 5+ years experience in as a Graphic Designer or Production Artist in an agency environment
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) as well as comprehensive knowledge of Macintosh computers
- Experience with PPT, animation and/or video applications a plus
- Understands page layout, such as composition, color space, imagery, and typography
- Experience with email applications, electronic routing a plus
- Experience working with Wrike or other tasking software a plus
- Candidate should have good design and organizational skills, be a team player, complete work efficiently within deadlines and budget, have acute attention to detail, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Understanding and Implementing Direction: Can understand creative direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues & needs, the progress of work and results. Must be highly organized and very detail oriented.
- Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industry, company, product, and/or technical developments of the client's business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Prepress Knowledge - Intimate pre-press knowledge, including production specification and terminology, dies, common production file formats, image resolution, and special printing techniques. Must possess an understanding of agency workflow, solid knowledge of four-color printing process, and prepress requirements