The Business Development Director, EU Deployment Solutions will lead/manage Deployment Solutions activities with key clients in Italy, Germany or the United Kingdom, reporting to the Vice President, Business Development Leader in Europe. You will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and targeting prospective new business leads while working with organizational team to drive success of current client’s business growth. You will drive client success for Deployment Solutions, Syneos Health overall with local and regional accounts. This role is critical in distinguishing Syneos Health Deployment Solutions from our competitors while identifying opportunity to drive client success and value to our client’s products.
As Director of Business Development, responsibilities will include:
- You will identify and develop new business relationships, creating pitch opportunities and obtaining new business wins in order to achieve annual new business income targets
- You will identify prospective client needs, identify the strategies, tactics, resources and people required to address the need.
- You will review and manage pipeline information and client relationships with competitors to identify potential new business leads, growth opportunities or future competitive trends
- You will document all activities in a customer relationships management system for management view and oversight.
- You will work very closely with senior management and sales account service team members to identify, pursue and close deals.
- You will seek out opportunities to gain business from pharma and non-pharma health and well-being accounts.
- You will lead new business pitch opportunities generated, including identification of pitch team and forecasting and managing pitch costs.
- You will generate and manage outbound organic and inorganic business development outreach – may also be responsible for managing inbound non-proactive opportunities above and beyond her/his required target key accounts.
- You will adhere to company policies and guidelines – HR, Administrative, Operations and Corporate.
- A Degree in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) is required.
- You should have experience in the healthcare industry in a sales, marketing, commercial operations and/or BD capacity.
- Your experience on the client or service side or in a selling capacity selling to pharmaceutical industry sales/marketing or operations decision makers will be preferred.
- You will have a proven track record to manage multiple selling strategies and approaches to market.
- You are action oriented and results driven – you move quickly and with purpose and you have relevant experience in a B2B, consultative sales environment.
- You will have the ability to work independently to achieve timeline specific RFPs, customer presentations, and client deliverables, and are willing to work collaboratively in a team environment in the best interest of the customer.
- You will have a high level of honesty and integrity with a strong work ethic and proactive thought leadership.
- You have the ability to maintain energy and an entrepreneurial approach.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile environment.
- You are excited and passionate about the company story/mission/values.
- You have a commitment to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- You have the proven ability to deliver and thrive within ambiguity.
- You have superior influencing and negotiating skills.
- You have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, along with excellent facilitation and presentation techniques.
- You have the ability to create content and presentations that build their brand and market acceptance.
- You have strong organizational and planning skills with a focus on key priorities.
- You have a proven track record to learn and develop professionally.
- You have a willingness to travel.
- Along with local language skills, you should also have english language skills.