Updated: October 9, 2019
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 6202
GSW New York is looking to hire an Associate Creative Director/Copy.
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director with a copy background who can work with our team in coming up with creative ideas and solutions to support our clients. You will be the day-to-day creative lead on specific brands with a focus on copywriting. Our ACD will report to a Creative Director and will manage a team of art directors at various levels. You will work in partnership with the account team and strategy to ensure the delivery of high-quality and well-crafted creative work. You will contribute to the strength of the agency-client relationship by nurturing relationships with clients through communication, collaboration and great work.
· Provide creative leadership and standards for the entire brand
· Present work both internally and externally to clients
· Partner with clients on effective creative development
· Manage to client contract and project agreements ensuring appropriate talent-to-task
· Monitor and manage team activity to ensure timely delivery of products and services to accounts
· Provide vision to team members around visual look and feel for the brand
· Create partnership approach with peers from other departments (e.g. Account Services, Brand Planning, Medical Strategy, etc.) on client’s business-creative vision
· Facilitate communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain strong relationships and effective creative management
· Provide creative and management direction as well as developmental support to direct reports
· Participate in new business/client activities and pitches as requested
· Act as a hands-on art director (as appropriate) when needed.
· Proven ability to think beyond the campaign and help develop and drive creative marketing solutions (platforms) for client brands, with an emphasis on digital media.
· Prior business development experience and demonstrated success strategic and concepting skills
· Demonstrated success in managing a cross-functional team
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated experience working on a wide range of accounts and categories
· Strategic Thinking: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can help create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Can connect strategies to creative solutions
· Creative Vision: Sets and maintains high standards commensurate with the company’s creative expectations
· Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
· Client Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding clients' creative expectations; acts with the client’s best interest in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with client and gains their trust and respect
· Developing Direct Reports: Provides individual and team creative challenges; connects individual’s career goals to current and future work
· Financial Management: Conscious financial decision making with regard to creative development
· Demonstrating Ownership and Proactivity: Demonstrates ownership of assigned Brand work by continually coming up with new ideas proactively. Ability and willingness to show ownership of Brand work from a visual standpoint
· Presentation Skills: Is effective and dynamic in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, direct reports and supervisors; is effective in selling creative rationale and work both inside and outside the organization; instills respect and can manage meeting flow during the presentations
· Willingness to be Flexible: Works beyond what is described in job description as needed. Willing to be flexible for the team, and ultimately the work. Willingness to work across teams as needed
· 6+ years agency experience
· Healthcare experience preferred (HCP a plus)
· Deep digital/integrated experience