You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
As the Syneos Health Commercial VP, Business Development – Contact Center you will grow and expand the Syneos Health business development opportunities by developing and fostering relationships with key decision-makers within biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies.
We are searching for a motivated leader with a hunter mindset responsible for generating new business by opening doors for our subject matter experts and qualifying leads. In this role, you will provide vision and direction for identifying and qualifying leads on behalf of our Syneos Health Contact Center. This role will impact Syneos Health’s financial performance by providing pipeline opportunity generation and growth through new business identification, qualification and conversion.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for driving growth of multi-channel solutions for the Syneos Health Contact Center.
- Collaborate with business leads and cross-functional commercial counterparts to ensure knowledge of current and future offerings, solutions, intellectual property etc. in order to compete and win in the market.
- Maintain strong relationships with Commercial Leadership to understand current business footprint and client map including revenues, nature of engagements, scope of offering, existing relationships, potential opportunities, etc.
- Create a working environment that encourages and supports a positive mindset about the work as well as the client and staff that is involved. Encourage and demonstrate unity behind team and Commercial Business decision-making.
- Collaborate and create an environment that encourages information sharing and openness to new ideas. Ask open-ended questions to get to the root of issue. Manage change and conflict by offering guidance and support.
- Demonstrate a desire and aptitude to present in small and large, internal and external groups. Manage meetings with efficiency and ensure critical objectives are met.
- Display, and serve as a model of, marketing curiosity and the willingness to push your own thinking in new directions. You lead the efforts to develop and articulate key points-of-view – internally and externally – relative to strategic alternatives, client industries and issues.
- Demonstrate the capacity, to identify key elements of an issue, problem or data set and be able to articulate a wide range of client and opportunities and implications. Make decisions that reflect “layers” of thought – enthusiasm, insight, caution, discretion.
- Position yourself as an industry thought leader, actively networking to develop brand awareness. You are a trusted leader. Actively research, synthetize and communicate current trends and changes in our industry. Build relationships with internal and external partners.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
This position can be remote based or located at one of our office locations - New York City or Somerset NJ. Travel required to clients and Syneos Health offices across the US up to 50% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a science related field.
- 15+ years’ related BD and leadership experience, plus extensive knowledge within the Commercial Business of Biopharmaceuticals or related industry.
- At least 5 years of experience in contact center leadership or account management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ pharmaceutical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working in outsourcing with strong healthcare industry knowledge as it applies to multi-channel engagements.
- Deep understanding of contact center capabilities, technology and solution design.
- Proven ability in the design of strategic and tactical solutions across various channels, including both inbound and outbound service, sales and patient solutions
- Confident and persuasive communicator and collaborator.
- The aptitude to build a sales pipeline
- Must demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm, passion, natural competitiveness and strong desire to succeed.
- Understanding of therapeutic categories/disease states.
- Superior presentation, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with developing and executing successful sales & prospecting strategies.
- Must have a strategic mindset along with being a thought leader and a strategic partner with clients.
- Must possess excellent perception & problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly recognize opportunities.
- The ability to work independently while communicating to Commercial leadership in real-time.
- Strong motivation toward Commercial top-line growth.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)