Updated: September 30, 2019
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 4620
You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
What you will do:
This person will lead the overall vision for all client technology vision related to use and design of applications, and work with other team members including Account, Creative and Development to execute a plan that turns the idea into a reality. Individual has a well-developed business sense and can understand how a particular solution fits into the overarching needs for the client(s). This role is responsible for partnering with other senior leadership on the account to sell in new business proposals and handle staffing needs for project work. The role is a mix of architecture work, scoping and project oversight of work being done by development teams (local or remote).
You will not be expected to do hands-on development in the regular course of projects, but you should be familiar with application architecture and comfortable explaining development decisions to clients and to internal development resources.
The Director, Technology Management should be an individual who understands the business case and helps in creating a solution to meet the client requirements. You will have overall responsibility for delivery of all application and technology work on one of our largest client accounts. You will be a point of escalation for other Technology Managers and are expected to solve problems with a combination of hard (technical) and soft skills. You must be a natural problem solver and self-motivated to work out the best solution rather than waiting to be told how to do it. Outside-the-box thinking is crucial for success in this role.
Global Commercial Business Technology focuses on delivering healthcare, specifically pharma life sciences, solutions assisting these global organizations and internal businesses in funding, delivery, and solutioning of Contract Commercial services. Our business line focuses on delivery of commercial/marketing solutions for clients across pharmaceuticals, academic medical centers, hospitals, mid/small sized biomed and biotech, and internal business functions. Our commercial solutions are also tied to delivering services across the clinical research landscape, offering a full clinical to commercial service offering for our healthcare clients.
We are looking for experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Onni Channel) - either management of the product or deployment.
This role can be located in either New York City or Boston.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of healthcare and technology/digital work experience after completing undergraduate degree. Consulting is advantage
- Outstanding record of academic/professional achievement, with functional knowledge or passion in digital, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, digital strategy, etc.
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance
- Managed delivery of multiple project(s) for clients and/or internal including managing vendor and internal stakeholders
- Work with Account team to support project during pitch/sales phase (prior to signed scope)
- Demonstrable experience in leading and growing a highly dynamic technical team
- Interested in making the team a success, and capable of demonstrating strong line management skills
- Strong process development skills; able to transform best practices and prospect requirements into highly efficient and executable business processes
- Able to apply creative thinking and sound reasoning, and to communicate effectively
- Travel – domestic and global (up to 50%)
- Experience working in an agency, marketing consultancy or similarly fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions and developing strategic recommendations
- Works independently and may plan, supervise, or lead the work of others on large projects
- Experience with commercial and marketing within pharma industry
- Knowledge of technology solutions; Adobe, Salesforce Marketing Cloud; Veeva CRM
- Experience with Agile development processes (kanban, scrum), working tight timelines
- Should have strong knowledge in cloud application architecture best practices
- CMS experience – ideally Drupal, AEM and/or SiteCore
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)