As a Digital Account Manager, this individual is responsible for effective client servicing and delivery against identified projects. The role requires a deep understanding of how digital can be used to enhance a multichannel HCP engagement strategy, and effectively measure the impact of activities. Recognition of insight approaches is required, including competitor intelligence, influencer mapping and customer segmentation. Technical knowledge is also required, including experience of working with designers, developers and planning for enhanced engagement. Working alongside medical communications professionals across the US, as well as collaborating cross-network, the role requires a flexible approach to supporting multiple accounts. This person will strive for new challenges, be decisive and actively explore new ways of doing things.
- Accountable for assigned clients, whether as a client lead or as support for digital projects. Develop trusting client relationships as an individual but also by championing the team and the wider Syneos Health network
- Develop strategic partnerships with clients - knowing when it’s right to challenge the norm and offer alternative approaches or solutions
- Develop and present new business proposal to existing and new clients
- Be a champion of multichannel strategy and innovative solutions, working alongside leadership to sell existing products and push new offerings:
- The role will report into the medical communications digital lead, with a mission to develop the digital offer within US medical communications
- Our digital offering is focused on the following activities; multichannel strategy and engagement planning, including the use of email, 3rd party medical websites, website development, mobile applications, e-learning, interactive publication tools, social media platform management, event and exhibit apps, and well as insight focused projects e.g. digital influencer mapping, e-landscaping and online competitor analysis
- Understand and adhere to technical specifications, client processes and regulations
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and support account teams where further opportunities are possible.
Qualifications and characteristics
- Must have a passion for digital communications and the ambition to deliver new types of digital projects, and help shape and strengthen the Cadent Medical Communications digital offering
- Is calm under pressure and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Understands the importance of delivering a client what the 'need' (meets business or audience objectives and is within scope), rather than always giving in to what they 'want'
- Self-confident, decisive and assertive
- A consistent and clear communicator who is able to establish effective ways of working with clients and internal teams
- Holds a graduate degree, preferably with a qualification in digital marketing
- 3 years’ experience working in healthcare digital projects, preferably medical communications
- Must have agency experience, and at least 2 years in the Pharmaceutical environment - therefore understands the often restricted environment in which we operate
- Understands and speaks the technical language needed to work with multiple stakeholders
- Must have solid experience managing user centered research / design methodologies
- Has experience leading multichannel programs including measuring channel or campaign performance.
- Is familiar with multiple CMS platforms and web-based technologies
- Has experience supporting multiple teams
- Has experience creating new business proposals
New York City, NY
This position supports the US, so travel is often needed (up to 20% of the time)