The MSL will be responsible for building and maintaining long term, scientific relationships, with respiratory therapeutic area clinicians and the wider healthcare professional teams. The MSL will:
- Raise awareness of patients unmet medical, scientific and clinical profile and the best use of Alvesco to all relevant stakeholders, through the transfer of unbiased, scientific, non-promotional information.
- Embrace patient centric healthcare, by engaging and partnering with a broad range of healthcare stakeholders across a variety of interfaces, in an attempt to more fully understand patient needs which are disseminated to clinical and commercial strategy leads appropriately.
Facilitate the co-ordination and integration of scientific data and medical knowledge within Syneos Health and achieve external recognition for providing credible and unbiased medical information to healthcare professionals, patients and other stakeholders.
- Create a country/cluster specific MSL plan which delivers flawless execution of the overarching European MSL plan
- Continually seek to strengthen understanding of local medical practices and patient needs, derive relevant insights and socialize internally with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop clear processes and systems to collect, collate and synthesize insights from different external stakeholders and leverage these insights by collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Embrace and experiment with different communication channels to deliver unbiased scientific information to external healthcare professionals and other stakeholders
- Analyze and communicate results of qualitative research projects to internal stakeholders
- Support the development of a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) faculty, at an international, regional and local level and create an academy for future emerging leaders
- Organise scientific advisory boards, symposia and other scientific meetings in both traditional and virtual formats
- Provide the scientific and medical expertise to enable medical information function to answer questions and enquiries from healthcare professionals and the public
- Support the training department to design, develop and deliver internal training programs via the provision of scientific and medical expert opinion and information
- Support MSL lead to develop investigator sponsored clinical trials strategy in line with approved budgets
- Communicate and facilitate investigator sponsored trial application process as budgeted
- Support clinical trial recruitment and retention in collaboration with clinical colleagues where appropriate
- Support the development and implementation of a publication strategy, in collaboration with MSL Lead and other internal stakeholders
- Collaborate and support KOLs for publication of posters, review articles and clinical trials in line with corporate strategy and budget
- Support the development and implementation of an advocacy group communications strategy
- Point of contact for managing the interface between patient support and advocacy groups and the organisation appropriately
- Undertake all activities within +/- 10% of budget set
- Ensure compliance with all corporate SOPs, ethical codes of practice and compliance with international and local rules and regulations
- Keep up to date with all changes in corporate SOPs, ethical codes of practice and compliance with international and local rules and regulations
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner, to unsolicited requests for on or off label information or safety concerns from HCPs through standing information requests in response to medical information enquiries
- Support the set up and collection of real world evidence and assist in patient recruitment for ongoing phase III and IV studies.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, working as an MSL at a country and or Cluster level
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Experience in the respiratory therapeutic area
- Excellent communication, presentation, chairmanship & facilitation skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo when appropriate
- Passionate about making a meaningful difference for patients
- Highly accountable, and skilled problem solver
- Significant track record of scientific collaborations with external experts and/or collaborative groups
- Ability to operate and collaborate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and deliver results while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- High capacity to absorb, understand and communicate complex information to key opinion leaders and other healthcare professionals including payors
- Highly customer focused with an awareness of the importance of business results
- Strong willingness to collaborate with internal stakeholders.