GSW New York is hiring a Copy Supervisor.
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
This position, Copy Supervisor, is responsible for brainstorming ideas, developing concepts, and crafting brand-specific messaging across all channels. The Copy Supervisor is a lead member of a cross-functional team, manages and mentors junior level writers, and oversees the day-to-day workload. The Copy Supervisor supports the Creative Director(s) in creating and maintaining the creative vision of GSW and/or all assigned account(s) and contributes to the strength of agency by nurturing relationships with clients through communication, interaction, and exceptional work.
- Must have 4-6 years of experience in advertising industry
- At least 2 years of pharmaceutical copywriting experience is required
- Experience as a supervisor a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in advertising, communications, or journalism, and/or coursework related to pharmaceutical advertising or life sciences is preferred (but not required)
- Portfolio containing work samples that demonstrate strong conceptual abilities, creative thinking, and exceptional writing skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to receive and assimilate critical feedback
- Ability to expertly think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-adding in brainstorming sessions
- Ability to multitask in a faced-paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of a strategically driven creative process
- Basic understanding of digital communications and media channels preferred
- Relentless energy, a sense of humor, and an open and curious mind
- Flawlessly direct the creative process, workflow, workload, and resources among copy group
- Interest in new technologies and emerging cultural trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office