You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
This opportunity is with our Delopyment Solutions team, which partners with top tier pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies to provide better, smarter, faster solutions for the industry. Take part in leading the transformation of healthcare by joining the largest provider of outsourced commercial solutions to the healthcare industry.
The Client Services Manager 2 (CSM2) will work in conjunction with the business partner to develop and cultivate business and operational relationships with the client. The CSM2 is a cross-functional leader and manager of process and technology used to support our field-based employees. The CSM2 provides strategic and tactical leadership to successfully manage field force operations technology and service projects for the life-sciences industry. The CSM2 is responsible for day-to-day coordination and operational oversight of the workstreams once a project reaches steady state. In addition, the CSM2 drives key elements of internal and client engagements including project scoping, operational requirements, project schedule creation, status reporting, issue and risk management, testing, training, and deployment. The CSM2 must be able to prioritize and manage across multiple projects and clients. The CSM2 will also be primarily responsible/accountable to manage and perform relevant implementation and operational activities necessary to meet the Client’s/internal business lead’s needs/expectations, business objectives, and contractual metrics for all assigned sales, nurse, market access, and/or medical science liaison teams (projects). The CSM2 partners with internal stakeholders including Business Line leadership, Field Operations, IT, Targeting, Business Analytics & Reporting, Incentive Compensation, Quality Assurance, and Business Development to ensure expectations are clearly defined and met across both client and internal teams. The CSM2 provides strong client/internal communication, team leadership to ensure successful project delivery and ongoing support. Key activities include performance or oversight of the assigned project’s operational tasks, coordination and oversight of interdepartmental operational efforts to support the project, and coordination/communication of reports (regularly scheduled and ad hoc) and operational updates during the initial implementation of a project as well as post deployment (steady state).
- Act as operational liaison between the Client, the project business lead, and the internal support team. For purposes of clarification, the project business lead is considered to be the project’s internal business lead (such as National Business Director, National Program Manager, Senior MSL, Business Development, Operations Director, Executive VP, etc).
- As the primary operational liaison, ensure contracted operations meet the needs of the business. This will require constant communication with key individuals about the status of issues/resolutions and deliverables.
- Training, managing, communicating with, and monitoring the quality of work of assigned to administrative staff, if applicable.
- Provide proactive guidance and management of project and leverage/share best practices whenever possible.
- Prioritize and set expectations on activities / responsibilities with internal project business lead. Plan and oversee field sales force meetings including site logistics and travel arrangements.
- Assist project business lead in managing the project’s budget. This includes monitoring invoices, monthly monitoring of budget, verify receipt and payments, coordinate monitoring of contractual SLA’s and fees associated with performance of SLA’s, if applicable.
- Responsible for the management of the expense reporting process. This includes careful monitoring of individuals and projects, responding to and resolving employee and manager issues, interfacing with the expense reporting and finance departments.
- Lead/Attend client/project meetings, as required. Overnight travel may be required.
- Responsible for monitoring project parameters, establishing bonus eligibility, and facilitating payout of field employee bonus within project guidelines
- Performance and coordination of activities to facilitate the onboarding and off-boarding of field personnel
- Liaison with Human Resources for personnel actions, as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of administrative and technical operational support that is provided to your assigned project(s).
- Coordinate with business lead to help shepherd contracts and statements of work through pricing and approval process.
- Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; effectively manage service delivery failures and prioritize customer needs
- Plan, schedule, acquire alignment/buy-in, communicate and provide day to day direction with project team throughout the extremely fast paced operational support processes including project initiation, requirements, development, testing, training, delivery, when transitioned to ongoing operations.
- Candidates should have understanding of and proven experience and working knowledge of Life Sciences field force management and operations support.
- Overall project oversight associated with the delivery of client technology projects including the documentation of client.
- Ad Hoc projects as needed.
- Manage project plan, process, and tasks throughout ongoing support.
- Facilitate critical meetings such as requirements gathering, project kick-off, status reports, executive reviews, and steering committee meetings with senior leadership
- Ability to track and report project metrics including task completion, budget, issues, etc.
- Supervise application build, test, and deployment activities
- Planning and oversight of data management activities (e.g., data loads, interfaces, and testing)
- Driving end-user training, support, and adoption
- Apply project management principles to the ongoing continuous improvement of the project
- Participating on Business Development team for expanding business within assigned clients.
- Help resolve key technology issues on projects.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS or 10+ years of equivalent/relevant experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a client services, operational management, or account manager role
- Demonstrated ability to formally plan, execute, and deliver projects
- Project Management experience in a client delivery/services company
- Experience with CRM, Reporting & Analytics and other applicable supporting technology and systems such as expense management, travel administration, learning management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to formally plan, execute, and deliver projects, preferable in client delivery/services type company
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the project-management discipline and related tools/techniques
- Knowledge of information systems & logistics as it relates to client needs.
- Takes Initiative, organized, detail oriented, and analytical.
- 5+ years in the life sciences industry working in field sales administration/operations
- Field automation software and deployment experience (Preferably Veeva and/or SalesForce).
- Operations Management, Account Management, or equivalent experience in the life sciences industry.
- Knowledge of and exposure to Medical Affairs, Market Access, and Nurse programs
- Field Automation Software and Deployment experience for multi-channel field-based teams (Preferably Veeva and/or SalesForce).
- High emotional intelligence, composed, able to lead the ship during the occasional storm.
- Life Sciences industry knowledge to include Medical Affairs, Nurses, Field Reimbursement, Market Access
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical/operational requirements.
- This person will manage the operational support of field-based teams in the Life Sciences industry. Knowledge of Veeva, Salesforce.com, Siebel or other CRM is desired.
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)