The User Experience (UX) Designer’s primary responsibilities are to advocate for the needs of the user, understand and push the boundaries of technology, and champion the business/marketing strategy in order to construct elegant digital solutions. This role, through creative thinking, subject matter expertise, prototyping and documentation, ensures the fidelity of the strategy and vision of the experience. The UX Designer facilitates and moderates key project integration points – strategy to creative and creative to technology.
The UX Designer must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to document detail-oriented aspects of the user experience and the interaction model. They must demonstrate a strong understanding of best practices within interactive environments so as to produce efficient, intuitive, and engaging user experiences.
Additionally, the UX Designer has to be able to manage resources effectively, communicate and collaborate with the strategy, creative and development leads to provide accurate scope and estimates of UX efforts and manage to time lines and client expectations.
- Balance target audience requirements with the client’s goals and objectives in a manner that accelerates the strategic momentum.
- Collaborate with Account Services, Creative and Integrated Marketing team members to accurately interpret the client’s business and/or marketing needs and set priorities.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary, cross functional team.
- Decide upon the appropriate user scenarios within the scope of the initiative.
- Facilitate the appropriate activities and execute all necessary documentation necessary to construct and communicate the user experience (i.e. card sort exercises, white boarding sessions, rapid prototyping, persona development, user flows, site maps, wireframes, user interface guides, use case scenarios, etc.)
- Confidently present experience architecture to clients and manage feedback
- Maintains understanding of discipline and industry best practices
- Execute reviews and develop insights from findings that drive improved experience
- Stay ahead of the curve and contribute to thought leadership for the discipline and industry.
- Cultivate a network of industry colleagues and vendor partners to keep teams abreast of industry trends and changes with implications for our clients experiences
- Educate key team members and new hires on the role of UX and the tasks, processes and deliverables associated with the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Information Architecture, Human-Computer Interaction,, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cognitive Engineering or Library Science, ,.
- A Master’s level degree in one of the above fields is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience with a track record of success in the roles of information architecture, user experience architect or similar.
- Experience with user-centric design, formal usability studies, and information design.
- Experience with mobile and iPad and other emerging technology projects a plus
- Prior experience managing and motivating a team.
- Prior experience in consulting and/or agency environment is preferred
- Familiarity or experience of working in highly regulated industries is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills. Must accurately be able to communicate the details of the full user experience for project work and produce the most appropriate documentation to do so.
- Capable of presenting complex issues and information in a clear and concise way.
- Exceptional ability to foster collaboration, negotiate tactfully with fellow team members.
- Experience working with multiple project teams simultaneously.
- Strong cognitive skills including the ability to investigate & analyze information to develop meaningful and relevant insights.
- Able to facilitate and moderate a variety of usability testing methodologies
- Accurately scope and estimate time for UX tasks
- Manage to on time on budget delivery
- Flexibility, able to positively adjust to unexpected changes in the client demand and market conditions that necessitate changes to deliverables – including finding new ways to execute the task of IA/UX to meet business needs.
- Must be fluent in: OmniGraffle, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Word, and Excel.
- Have working knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Axure RP, Balsamiq, iRise, InVision