You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door
The Human Resources (HR) Manager provides comprehensive HR expertise and consulting for our Pharmaceutical Sales field-based organization. Serves as a Partner to management on HR related matters including employee relations and performance management. Assesses and anticipates HR-related business needs to deliver a value-added service to leadership. More specifically:
- Responsible and accountable for managing HR related activities in support of assigned projects' contractual obligations for field teams. Actively partners wiith Sales Leadership, Project Manager, client, field organization, and internal departments to offer HR expertise and consulting.
- Develops and maintains a position of trusted advisor, partnering with leadership to align HR strategy to business strategy.
- Provides extensive employee relations support and serves as intermediary/counsel between management and employees. Conducts thorough and objective investigations. Counsels management through the stages of performance management, conflict resolution, discipline, grievances, and terminations. Liaise with and provides analysis to the Legal department and leadership when involuntary separation is needed.
- Interacts on a daily basis with designated field teams to identify HR needs and source solutions. Partners with leadership and all operational departments to discuss project and business objectives.
- Assists with the performance improvement process, providing guidance on the process itself and acting as resource to management in the writing of performance improvement documents.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of all HR policies, processes, and procedures throughout assigned client groups. Participates in the development and implementation of HR strategies that result in improving business productivity, efficiencies, and retention.
- Analyzes HR metrics and determines appropriate actions based on findings for assigned client groups.
- Provides compensation support/counsel, deferring to the Compensation team when appropriate. Formulates recommendations on promotions and market adjustments.
- Partners with Payroll, Leaves, and Benefits functions as needed to provide solutions for employees.
- Prepares and edits employee communications relevant to assigned client groups designed to provide employees with timely and accurate information and to foster open communications to and from employees.
- Ensures all HR-related documents and templates remain current and compliant.
- Responds to EEOC claims in collaboration with Legal.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures and workforce planning. Processes severance agreements when applicable.
- Provides liaison and support to management on long-term illness and special cases.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 10%).
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Requires a BA/BS in human resources, business management or related discipline.
- Minimum of seven years’ human resources experience, with at least five years in the following areas required: employee relations, performance management.
- Pharmaceutical industry background is highly desireable.
- Must have experience in supporting a field and/or remote population.
- The ability to demonstrate sound leadership skills is required.
- Requires a thorough knowledge and application of employment laws.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email.
- Requires strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform in a fast pace environment.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills are essential.
- The drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re essential in solving and executing against today’s toughest commercialization challenges facing the world’s leading healthcare companies. From the very beginning, you’ll be supported by team members who, like you, aren’t afraid to try something new. You'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate biopharmaceutical commercialization?
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)