You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developedand commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
The Commercial Lead role within Commercial Innovation and Solutions (CIS) team differs in responsibility from the other roles within Consulting. While CIS is part of the Consulting Business Unit, we support the broader Syneos Health organization. The expectation is that the Commercial Lead will work across diverse teams from Clinical and Commercial Business Units, including Consulting, to drive collaboration, and establish new ways of working to design and develop sales and marketing solutions for our clients and drive the overall business.
- The Commercial Lead acts as a subject matter expert in Sales and Marketing of new pharmaceutical and biotech products for our clients, and works to form and lead cross-business unit and cross-functional teams to design innovative solutions to meet a client’s specific asset commercialization need. It is expected that he or she will have deep industry experience focused on the sales and marketing strategy of new products and will lead the effort to develop a successful launch strategy for our clients.
- The Commercial Lead is expected to work closely with Business Development and the Syneos One team to support a pipeline of new integrated solution opportunities and to convert a portion of that pipeline to awarded work.
- The Commercial Lead will be expected to interact with Syneos Health Senior Leadership and with senior levels with clients. Due to the collaborative and diverse nature of the role, the Commercial Lead is expected to maintain a professional demeanor and work creatively to address challenges or conflicts amongst the team.
- This role also plays a key role in supporting research and “due diligence” on the companies and assets for which we are pursuing solution opportunities and in the identification, assessment, and design of Product Solutions in their functional area.
- CIS is focused on designing and developing solutions that support the go-to-market strategies for marketed and pipeline assets. The Commercial Lead is not expected to deliver projects. Once a solution has been successfully designed and sold (i.e., awarded), the Commercial Lead works to transition the program leadership to the delivery organization led by Commercial Integration (CI) and/or the Business Units. It is critical to include the delivery organizations in the design and development of the solution so that this transition happens effectively.
- The Commercial Lead in CIS is also responsible for defining and continuously improving operational processes that make cross-business unit collaboration and solution development easier. The expectation is that the Commercial Lead conduct “after action reviews” and objectively look at what did/did not work and define specific actions to improve both the process and the overall experience for the next opportunity.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- MBA or graduate degree in business or life sciences
- 15+ years of life sciences/pharmaceutical experience including consulting.
- A strong history of successfully selling, delivering and growing revenues.
- Recent experience working with large national and global accounts. Strong and demonstrable track record of successful practice building.
- Medical domain expertise including knowledge of designing global medical affairs organizations, aligning strategy with commercial and clinical functions, building MSL teams, developing clinical trials and commercializing products.
- Visibility in the biopharmaceutical industry and is viewed as a thought leader and trusted adviser to clients.
- Known authority in the market in a particular industry function or domain, able to leverage external network to improve profitable revenues and market positioning.
Full Syneos Health Consulting benefits which include:
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)