Updated: August 15, 2019
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 4530
At GSW, our philosophy is “Speak People” where we are committed to changing the conversation about healthcare by humanizing health communications.
To this end, we are seeking a VP, Brand Strategy to join our team – a gifted storyteller with a passion for crafting insightful and compelling narratives about our clients’ brands and products in ways that engage audiences on a human and empathetic level.
Your role will be to elevate the agency’s insight into the lived experience of illness today, from the perspective of all key audiences – including physicians, patients and caregivers as applicable – and ensure they are at the forefront throughout the strategic and creative development process.
You will work seamlessly with account, medical and creative teams to build, enable and advocate strategic ideas that lead to effective creative campaigns that help drive powerful change.
This is a highly visible, high volume role that requires an entrepreneurial spirit to seek out opportunities on your assigned accounts, as well as client-facing expertise to maintain the agency’s relationship as a trusted client partner.
• Identifies business-building, brand equity, personality, and positioning opportunities for client brands
Leads the account team in developing compelling, single-minded strategies and briefs that inspire great creative
• Perseveres in nurturing and championing the “big creative idea”
• Leads the agency in market research planning, execution and translation
• Participates in new business efforts, including conducting primary and secondary research, shaping the creative brief, and aiding in developing the final presentation
Candidates should have a minimum of 8-10 years of strategic planning experience at a creative agency
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in a related field (including marketing, communications, journalism) or social sciences (including medical/cultural anthropology, psychology or ethnography)
• Proven track record in applying their expertise to the creative development process
• Demonstrated skill in the art of storytelling
• Strong research facilitation skills (especially qualitative, with knowledge of quantitative methodologies and analysis); familiarity with behavioral science principles is advantageous
• Experience coordinating and running workshops (internal and external)
• Outstanding – and client-facing – communication skills (articulate, good writer, strong presenter)
• MUST have either professional pharmaceutical or DTC experience