Overview You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There’s one thing you do that’s exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate sales professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a Marketing Lead role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 24,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas – more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The Marketing Lead - Branded Pharma will be responsible for supporting the development of the branded pharmaceutical product strategy and will work with executive leadership to define the commercial model and tactical platform that will be leveraged to drive sales of the NASH product, currently in development. Will work in conjunction with the Marketing Lead that is responsible for the diagnostic marketing plan in order to align around the go-to-market plan for the pharma and diagnostic launches. To work across the Syneos Health organization and collaborate both internally and with the client to establish and structure integrated solutions. To identify appropriate resources to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective mix of talent to task to drive business performance and results, ultimately optimizing client ROI. More specifically:
- Development of the marketing strategy and operating plan across the Commercial account. This includes defining the brand/product strategy, brand tactics, key activities/deliverables and market development
- Coordinate and oversee all branded pharmaceutical marketing activities across the account; incorporating Medical Communications, Public Relations, Advertising and Digital
- Partner with the Marketing Lead for the branded diagnostic to ensure that the diagnostic is optimally positioned to drive maximum uptake of the pharmaceutical product launch.
- Act as the main client contact for all branded pharmaceutical marketing deliverables
- Exhibit cohesive cross functional leadership across the different marketing disciplines
- Identify and optimize expertise across marketing functions. Working closely with senior leadership teams to develop and implement the clients Brand strategy.
- Help the client to improve their marketing strategy, through research and insights of the competitor landscape and ensure internal capabilities are aligned across Syneos Health
- Work closely with the Head of Medical Affairs to ensure that marketing activities are aligned with Medical narrative and Medical Affairs deliverables
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across Syneos Health to deliver communication plans, effectively managing contingencies and interdependencies to achieve key business targets
- Working with senior leadership and business units spanning Commercial to ensure integration and alignment across the account
- Develops and implements Patient and HCP focused marketing materials related to NASH product and specifically will pull-through the new Patient and HCP campaigns across channels.
- Develop and foster working relationships with thought leaders in the field of NASH and metabolic disorders to support disease education and branded launch
- Develop and manage Speaker’s Bureau and lead development of branded and unbranded content for HCP speaker presentations
- Develop speaker training programs and drive ongoing engagement with HCP speakers throughout the year
- Implement advisory panels with thought leaders to gather deep market insights to support the brand launch
- Lead commercial strategy and activities at key congresses and meetings, including disease/product theaters, conference booths, and conference sponsorships
- Execute against multi-channel CRM and media strategies including digital marketing strategies and programs.
- As appropriate, this role provides direction for work delegated to additional vendor partners (outside of Syneos Health) to ensure quality and timely completion of deliverables or provision of services.
- Work closely with the client partner to ensure business planning timelines and due dates are synchronized with the financial business calendar and ensure all internal stakeholders are informed.
- Manage the cross-functional global collaboration across the internal Syneos team and the client team: Lead cross functional project teams and serve as key liaison with global leaders and the Client.
- Lead the weekly sub-team meetings to discuss major milestones and deliverables to ensure that timing is well planned and met for all activities within the project.
- Collaborate with Sales Training and Sales Leadership to enhance field sales effectiveness with respect to implementation and pull-through of aligned strategies and tactics
- Work with the Project Management function to ensure proper reporting and tracking of all marketing activities and deliverables.
- Apply own knowledge operationally as required to ensure successful delivery throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Develop Senior Leadership and ad-hoc presentations as needed.
- Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred.
- 8 years of pharmaceutical commercial experience, including 5 years of marketing experience
- NASH Hepatitis C, Diabetes, or metabolic disorders therapeutic area experience/knowledge preferred
- Sales, sales leadership or in-line brand management experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in marketing, strategy development and cross-functional problem solving
- Ability to understand Global market trends, financial data, customer needs and assess competitive intelligence data.
- Demonstrated commercial ability and business acumen, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives
- Experience working across functional areas, including R&D, finance, legal and business development to help drive commercial decisions on products
- Effective cross- functional project team leadership and influencing skills.
- Ability to convert strategy to actionable tactical plans and develop high performing operational teams.
- Proven track record of delivering business objectives in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and skills in the areas of pricing, reimbursement, and creative product/program development to inform and build an optimized Brand Value proposition.
- Demonstrated record of success in driving new product sales. Strong background in strategic planning and business development.
Please note: The position can be based anywhere in the Northeast corridor with preference being Boston or NYC
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dedicated training and support