Biosector 2 (B2) is a pure-play, global healthcare communications agency that helps pharmaceutical and biotech companies solve communications challenges. We do this by combining our passion for science and medicine with a deep understanding of our clients’ business needs. Our work goes well beyond traditional public relations by infusing digital and social media, advocacy and patient relations, reputation and risk management, branding and creative, research and analytics, and more. We are communications specialists known for telling the right corporate, brand or disease-state story at the right time and place. Fostering our culture is as important as the work. We operate under core principles that speak to our commitment to each other and our approach to client service. Our core principles were carefully designed in collaboration with all B2ers to ensure they encapsulated all that we stand for and are a true reflection of our culture and people.
Biosector 2 is seeking an Account Supervisor level PR professional to join our growing team to work on a Breast Cancer account.
- Breast cancer franchise brands and disease awareness/patient education; work is in advanced breast cancer, the most serious form of the disease for which there is no cure. The other account is a treatment for liver disease.
- A strong team leader and strategic counselor who will serve as the day-to-day client contact and counsel for team of 7+
- Priority focus will be overseeing team on execution of award-winning, unbranded, awareness social media campaign, developing patient-focused educational content strategy, liaising and collaborating with digital/social media team members and partner agencies and developing strategic plans that align to brand strategies
- Secondary focus on patient advocacy activities including overseeing strategy for patient advocacy event at major medical congress
- Mentoring and managing junior members of the team, ensuring they are set up for success and are building capacity and confidence in managing their projects
- Willingness to travel is required for client meetings and/or events in leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in a professional environment within the public relations and/or communications industries
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure in a fast-paced (but fun) environment
- Ability to anticipate client and team needs and pivot, adjust as necessary
- Ability to effectively coach and mentor junior staff, manage plan timelines and budgets
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, internal staff and third-parties
- Individual should be a self-starter/self-motivator
- Writing, organization, logistics, collaboration, and oral communications are important
- Must have strong attention to detail, strong persuasive presentation skills