GSW New York is looking to hire an Art Director.
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The Art Director takes responsibility for (assigned) brand concept, design, presentation, execution, and production of all projects for assigned accounts. This includes being aware of current communications technology and media channels, and having the vision to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives.
- Brand “owner” at the Art Direction level
- Oversees and implements the visual brand mandatories and consistencies
- Partners with core team Copywriter on brand and concept development
- Collaborates with Creative, Digital Studio, Account Services, Medical Strategy, Brand Planning, Project Management, Production, and extended team members
- Provides art direction to, and empowers, Studio, Art Buyer, photographers, illustrators, and other external collaborators, such as broadcast producers and directors
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned brand by continually coming up with new ideas proactively
- Presents and sells ideas internally and to clients
- Keeps up to date with trends in design, branding, marketing, advertising, digital communications technology and media, and related communications industries
- Keeps up to date with trends within the industries specific to assigned accounts
- Is knowledgeable about products and services specific to assigned accounts
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience developing art-based solutions in the marketing industry, with healthcare experience a plus
- Has a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques
- Demonstrates proficiency in using digital media as a creative vehicle
- Proficiency in critical graphic software—primarily Adobe Creative Cloud
- Working knowledge of, or hands-on experience with, interactive programming such as HTML is preferred
- User experience (UX) design training and/or experience is required
- Ability to follow the creative and workflow processes
- Be able to work within strict budgets
- Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
- 360-Degree Channel Marketing Mind-Set: Sees the complete media picture; familiarity with leveraging and combining all media to promote a brand
- Understanding and Implementing Direction: Can understand creative direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues and needs, and on the progress of work and results
- Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of the client's business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and skills