“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
The Account Supervisor contributes to the development of brand strategy and account management. Independently manages direct reports and agency team throughout project development and implementation.
- Financial monitoring and budget compliance
- Client relationships (marketing/product managers)
- Brand champion in collaboration with creative team leader
- Supporting strategic and tactical planning, scope execution, and inVentiv cross-servicing opportunities
- Agency personnel management and development.
- Manages client budgets (timely estimate submissions and compliance; prompt revision if required); manages client demands vs. agreed budget.
- Assists in financial control of account, both utilization and profitability; partners with account biller to facilitate accurate monthly invoicing, follows up on accounts receivables; helps prepare regular reporting/reconciliations.
- Partners with creative services manager and creative team leader to manage and lead the team in all aspects of project development; ensures delivery of breakthrough ideas/work consistent with brand positioning and GSW-W standards (i.e., excellent creative, on target strategically, on time, and on budget).
- Helps facilitate a strong, cohesive team that is focused on priorities, knowledgeable about client(s)’ products and services; identifies and assists in resolving conflict; celebrates brand/team success.
- Manages team communication (specific to project management).
- Daily client contact and follow-up; identifies and understands client’s challenges as well as tactical needs; properly interprets client feedback; keeps management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities.
- Represents and defends the agency’s point of view; handles objections/appropriately pushes back; challenges strategies and directions not aligned with the brand positioning.
- Helps new client managers acclimate to advertising and branding principles and the implementation processes; ensures timely tactical rollout per scope agreement.
- Understands agency strategic tools (brand arc, creative cube, etc); participates in internal brand strategy discussions; helps develop scope/tactical plans, facilitating inVentiv cross-selling opportunities.
- Provides daily management direction to direct reports (executives and coordinators), including performance reviews, development plans, and MBO plans; distributes the workload thoughtfully; allows people to take ownership for their work.
- Attends all appropriate client meetings, market research, conventions, and provides follow-up documentation of key learning.
- Assists in analyzing and summarizing product/market performance, market research data, literature, and competitive promotion for the client and agency team.
- Stays current with industry news and competitive environment to continually expand knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant client experience in marketing or other related disciplines; or
- Minimum 5 years of relevant agency experience; or
- Strong knowledge of general pharmaceutical marketing and sales, as well as disease state and product science, therapeutic market, and competition