Syneos Health has an exciting opportunity to join our team at our new office location in the Financial District of NYC. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who has enthusiasm and is committed to delivering an exceptional experience for both employees and clients. Please note this is one of two positions that will provide coverage for Reception and handle the other responsibilities listed below.
We would love to hear from you if you’d like to be our ambassador of First Impressions!
The Receptionist is a member of the Corporate Services team which oversees many vital aspects of the business office operations. A successful candidate will be responsible for providing front desk support in the following areas:
- Must be an excellent communicator exuding confidence and clarity with ease.
- Meet and greet clients and staff in a prompt, professional and efficient manner.
- Interacts with all levels of executives and clients on a daily basis ensuring they are provided excellent customer service.
- Responsible for answering and carefully screening phone calls; relaying messages to appropriate staff members.
- Excellent customer service skills, creating a welcoming and positive guest experience.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in sometimes stressful contacts with callers and guests.
- Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries, and assist with administrative support to facilitate the workflow as needed (Fed Ex, UPS, Car Service, Messengers).
- Manage conference room reservations to maximize scheduling and the ability to assist guests, clients and staff with the audio visual systems in the office.
- Ensure rooms are clean and fully stocked with supplies.
- Monitor staff seating; providing assistance and facilitation of hotel seating for clients and guests.
- Partner with the Corporate Services and Business Technology teams with on-boarding new employees.
- Liaison with American Express building personnel for various office support needs including:
- Coordinate staff badges – current and new employees.
- Maintain visitor badges and log book.
- Register all guests with building security.
- Manage vendor certificate of insurance (COI’s) database ensuring all COI’s are on file and up to date.
- Maintain vendor database to ensure staff is consistently using preferred vendors.
- Support executives with expense reports and travel management.
- Provides assistance running day to day office operations including office events.
- Respond to and submit facility requests for items that need to be repaired on our floors and conference areas.
- Organize daily charts and provide Corporate Services with a log of upcoming events.
- Clean and maintain reception area including coffee and refreshment area.
- Completing other tasks as may be assigned by the Operations/Account Manager or from Syneos Corporate HQ in Raleigh, NC.
- May provide office tours to VIPs and special guests.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven working experience in similar roles.
- Ability to comfortably interact with individuals of all professional levels and high profile clients with grace and tact.
- Ability to approach challenges with creativity, resourcefulness, and sound judgment.
- Ability to independently carry out detailed, written or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve and balance multiple shifting business priorities with a positive attitude and confidence to communicate effectively when difficulties/questions arise
- Take initiative when assigned a task(s) and demonstrate ability to work independently to see them through to successful completion
- Flexibility to take direction and requests from different departments, asking questions and taking appropriate notes to execute with minimal guidance
- Ask effective questions, listen actively and respond with empathy
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Interest/ability to acquire other skills as necessary
- Ability to lift/carry 25+ pounds