As one of the world’s ten most-awarded healthcare advertising agencies, GSW Worldwide is hellbent not to replace the same old with the same old.
This is achieved through a provocative premise – if other brands communicated the way healthcare brands do, how many customers would they have? GSW turns against this premise through discovery of beneath-the-surface customer insights that we impact with stories, simplicity, and authenticity. We call it "speaking people."
With 500+ associates, GSW spans four offices including Columbus, New York, the greater Philadelphia area, and Canada, as well as a diversified client roster steeped in pharma, diagnostics, advanced genetics, big data, device, and wellness, career opportunity awaits. GSW is a member of Syneos Health, bringing business strategy to science and scientific expertise to business, which includes more than 13,000 employees across 70 countries.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging team environment.
The Project Manager brings the leadership required to effectively manage the full execution of all projects within their assigned brands. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and growing pharmaceutical advertising & communications agency.
Project managers are the glue that helps keep projects — and people — together. They are responsible for planning, organizing, managing and executing projects from beginning to end, ensuring they are completed effectively on time and on budget.
- Responsible for meeting client deadlines and budgets on agency deliverables while delivering a quality product.
- Plays an integral production leadership role for both print and interactive projects for assigned clients and/or brands.
- Gatekeeper and coordinator for all projects within assigned brands.
- Responsible for proactively taking a leadership role with cross-functional brand team to ensure all jobs stay on track, on time, and on budget from a production standpoint.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Has a thorough understanding & knowledge of what it takes to develop projects (project steps, roles & responsibilities & skills). Utilizes this knowledge in helping staff for projects, tracking projects, problem-solving, etc.
- Develops project estimates and develops, maintains and updates project timelines identifying & highlighting crucial milestones, by collaborating with respective team members to ensure that all pertinent concerns have been addressed and agreed upon.
- Delivers instructions and writes tasks to internal team members (e.g. Shared Services) in a clear, concise manner, providing backup materials and documentation when necessary.
- Responsible for partnering with the Creative, Studio, Programming and shared services teams in assigning members to projects.
- When necessary, is responsible for managing outside vendors and ensuring their service is provided at an appropriate level of quality and cost.
- Driver of internal agency process; ensuring team adheres to process guidelines. Keeping teams committed, motivated, and productive through the duration of the project.
- Ensures that Client Management is communicating with Creative, Programming and Shared Services teams during client conversations and in preliminary discussions involving project ideas & direction and vice versa. Acts as the “glue” in project development.
- Accurately captures next steps, client deliverable, etc. through conference reports or meeting recaps and distributes to appropriate team members.
- Fosters problem resolution across brand team by deciphering relevant and important facts and information to drive tangible solutions. Explores innovative solutions, identifying cost savings where applicable and confirming feasibility of proposed creative ideas.
- Ensures that selected concepts/layouts meet client's expectation of timing and costs.
- Facilitates communication between all team members in all phases of project development by ensuring all disciplines are kept abreast of action items, feedback, next steps, project developments, status and direction, etc.
- Ensures that the right people are in the right meetings.
- Ensures that end product delivers on time and on budget without jeopardizing quality.
- Play a central role in risk analysis. The PM must be adept at identifying potential roadblocks related to budgets, resources and timelines. Leading discussions on issue resolutions and reporting these potential issues to leadership, when necessary.
- Other duties as needed to meet the needs of the team.
- BSc or BA (or relevant experience)
- 4-5+ years of experience in advertising/marketing project management
- Project Management: Adept at establishing clear directions; leadership qualities; effective communicator; problem-solver; exudes a sense of urgency/commitment; adaptable communication style; organized; understands job responsibilities of others within an advertising agency and functions appropriately
- Technical Expertise: MS Office Suite; Print/Interactive/Video Understanding; Experience with Wrike (nice to have)