Updated: July 26, 2019
New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 4235
- We are seeking a public relations professional with strong project management skills to join Biosector 2. This job presents an opportunity to work in the areas of mental health/psychiatry and pain management.
- The mental health/psychiatry business includes work across franchise (branded and unbranded communications, internal communications, social media) and advocacy communications/engagement.
- The pain management business is for a new pharmaceutical company that is commercializing non-opioid pain therapies targeting serious rare diseases where there is currently a high unmet need. The account will include a mix of milestone communications, advocacy/patient engagement and disease education efforts.
- Potential for travel to client events (e.g., medical meetings or advocacy/patient events)
- Support teams in managing client relationships
- Develop wide range of communications materials (ex: social media posts, fact sheets, press releases, internal emails and updates)
- Support teams through management of timelines, calendars and action plans
- Support logistics and execution of patient/advocacy events
- Regularly engage and collaborate with partners including creative team, vendors, media specialists, etc.
- Assist in management of budgets and monthly billing processes
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field (preferred)
- Minimum 6-7 years of experience in a professional environment within the public relations and/or communications industries (required)
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure in a fast-paced (but fun) environment (required)
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, internal staff and third-parties (required)
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills (required)
- Individual should be a self-starter/self-motivator (required)