Do you have a noticeable passion for results?
You’re bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas – more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
The Commercial Lead will be in charge of managing all aspects of the planning and development of resources and strategies to support and drive the client’s brand(s) and business.. To work across the Syneos Health organization and collaborate both internally and with the client to establish and structure integrated solutions. To identify appropriate resources to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective mix of talent to task to drive business performance and results, ultimately optimizing client ROI.
- Be the client’s main point of contact for all issues regarding the commercial project work
- Take internal ownership of the “project” internal P&L: Work closely with the client partner to ensure business planning timelines and due dates are synchronized with the financial business calendar and ensure all internal stakeholders are informed
- Lead on the creation of the global launch plan; deliverables, timelines and budget
- Monitor and report on performance/progress across all functions (internal and client based) that are aligned to the brand: Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory (KPI’s/scorecard/priorities/key deliverables). Pull the cross functional teams together to ensure all operational project deliverables/milestones are achieved
- Manage the cross-functional global collaboration across the internal Syneos team and the client team: Lead cross functional project teams and serve as key liaison with global leaders and the Client
- Lead the weekly core team meetings to discuss major milestone and deliverables to ensure that timing is well planned and met for all activities within the project
- Work with the Project Management function to ensure proper reporting and tracking of all commercial activities and deliverables
- Apply own knowledge operationally as required to ensure successful delivery throughout the life cycle of the project
- Develop Senior Leadership and ad-hoc presentations as needed
- Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred
- Fluent in English. Additional languages an advantage
- Must have led the US launch planning and successfully launched multiple commercial assets across the pharmaceutical and/or medical device sectors
- Global Launch Experience is a plus
- Within the past 3-5 years, have managed all facets of a brand marketing team, with P&L ownership, within the disease state areas of Cardiovascular/Metabolic disorders preferred
- Diagnostic brand management experience is preferred
- Beyond Marketing Leadership, candidate should have had additional experience in Sales Leadership, Market Access, or Commercial Operations
- Ability to understand Global market trends, financial data, customer needs and assess competitive intelligence data
- Demonstrated commercial ability and business acumen, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others to achieve mutual objectives
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Performance and Program Metrics Focus
- Ability to convert strategy to actionable tactical plans and develop high performing operational teams
- Proven track record of delivering business objectives in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and skills in the areas of pricing, reimbursement, and creative product/program development to inform and build an optimized Brand Value proposition.
- Demonstrated record of success in driving new product sales. Strong background in strategic planning and business development
- Strong self-awareness and ability to positively lead through change management.
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Effective cross- functional project team leadership and influencing skills
- Effective interactions with internal & external customers and stakeholders to drive success