You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Learning Solutions from Syneos Health™ is a full-service provider of practical, high-impact learning solutions that combine instructional design expertise, interactive technologies, and deep subject matter expertise to help clients in achieving business results. We maintain state-of-the-art training capabilities, including our own modern training facility in Somerset, New Jersey.
The Regional Vice President of Business Development - Learning Solutions will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and targeting prospective business leads for Learning Solutions and providing oversight to any projects won throughout the entirety of the project. The Regional VP can be based at our Somerset, NJ office or work remotely from any US location.
- Identifies and develops new business relationships, creating pitch opportunities and obtaining new and follow-on business wins in order to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Identify prospective client needs, identify the strategies, tactics, resources and people required to address the need.
- Responsible for reviewing and managing pipeline information and client relationships with competitors to identify potential new business leads, growth opportunities or future competitive trends.
- Responsible to document all activities in a customer relationships management system for management view and oversight.
- Work very closely with Learning Solutions Senior Management, Solution Design team, Delivery Team, and all other relevant stakeholders to identify, pursue and close deals.
- Leads all new business discussions, proposals, and pitch opportunities generated; including, generation of the discussion documents and proposals; and, leading all efforts around the pitch itself.
- Generates and manages outbound organic and inorganic business development outreach – may also be responsible for managing inbound non-proactive opportunities.
- Responsible for overseeing a project until the project is completed.
- Responsible for managing her/his own business development
- Responsible and accountable for adherence to company policies and guidelines – HR, Administrative, Operations and Corporate.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree required; Graduate degree or above is desireable
- 10+ years of experience in the healthcare industry in a training, sales, marketing, commercial operations and / or BD capacity preferred.
- 5+ years on the client or service side
- Healthcare products sales and / or devices sales experience will be viewed as a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong platform skills
- Strong Writing Skills (in PowerPoint and Word)
- Capable of thinking strategically and tactically both short and long term relative to customer and industry
- A demonstrated network of industry contacts and a track record of closing business partnerships / deals. Demonstration of her/his network maybe required prior to employment
- Demonstrates strong character / business ethics, particularly work ethic, integrity and honesty
- Ability to travel up to 3 days per week, both local and/or air travel may be required
- Be a positive ambassador of the company, its vision, mission and goals. Represents the company professionally and credibly during and outside of company hours
- Ability to work non-conventional work day, e.g. morning / evening programs, office requirements
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)