Updated: May 6, 2019
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Job ID: 3976
Building brands for specialized markets is our focus here at The Navicor Group. And in the complex world of oncology and immunology, this is no small feat. Making a difference in these areas requires more than a passing interest. It takes commitment. It takes a depth of understanding. It takes a specialist. In fact, it takes a team of specialists dedicated to oncology and passionate about turning patients into survivors.
The Senior Medical Writer is a key component of each brand team, discovering and distilling medical information and data relevant to assigned products and therapeutic categories. The Sr. MW also works with the brand copy team in developing compelling messages and promotional materials. As such, the Sr. MW is the agency expert in assigned categories and serves as a client consultant in interpreting medical data, determining threats, and developing opportunities for assigned products.
• Acts as agency expert on assigned products and in therapeutic categories.
• Demonstrates a sound knowledge of assigned products and therapeutic categories as well as pharmaceutical marketing restrictions/requirements.
• Builds a scientific story that best supports a brand strategy.
• Presents work to clients
• Identifies, in a sea of information, facts that support the brand strategy and/or provide other marketing opportunities.
• Identifies important data points and weaves these into a story that is consistent with product positioning, can command physician interest, and increases on-label product utilization.
• Provides guidance for development of compelling graphics, figures, and other visual elements based on original data and/or review articles.
• Shares the writing responsibilities with the Copywriter.
• Ensures medical accuracy and compliance across all promotional materials.
• Consults with the client/brand managers to help them interpret clinical data.
• Participates in client strategic meetings, war games, market research, and work plan development.
• Demonstrates mastery of manuscript submission process, including referencing and regulatory details of assigned products. (May vary from account to account.)
• Continuously mines medical resources and data for information that might be a threat or become an opportunity for assigned products.
• Is proficient in the use of Medline and is familiar with other online resources as well as, prescribing information and medical guidelines.
• Attends medical conventions; gathers and summarizes relevant information pertaining to assigned products and categories.
• PhD, PharmD, or MD degree with coursework emphasis in the life sciences field.
• Without advanced degree, 10+ years of professional scientific writing experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical advertising or medical communications experience.
• Demonstrated ability to produce a variety of promotional materials.
• Oncology and/or immunology experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex data into comprehensible messages.
• Solid understanding of the science and market dynamics of assigned brands.
• Thorough understanding of editing and regulatory processes and requirements.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Efficiency in handling multiple assignments at one time.
• Exceptional computer skills. Knowledge of PC operating platform a must. Knowledge of Macintosh a plus. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required: Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.