You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the Compliance and Ethics program that governs the communication, education, training and promotional activities for contracted commercial field teams (e.g., sales, nurse educators, MSLs, etc.). The Manager for Commercial Compliance & Ethics is responsible for ensuring a holistic approach that considers organizational risk, local/federal regulations and internal/respective client policies.
- Conducts Commercial Compliance Capabilities presentations for potential clients and kickoff meetings.
- Serves as the Compliance Lead in weekly internal/external work stream meetings for new field team launches, team expansions and special projects.
- Manages the day to day compliance program operations across multiple contracted commercial field teams to ensure adherence to federal, state and local regulatory requirements and company/client policies.
- Partners effectively with business leaders to develop, implement, and monitor key compliance functions and risk areas for contracted commercial field teams.
- Monitors for new developments in state and federal healthcare laws and regulations to ensure the compliance program for respective field teams adheres to legal requirements.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster compliance awareness and encourage reporting of potential compliance issues.
- Maintains understanding of compliance laws and regulations related to promotional activities and proposes updates to the compliance program, as appropriate.
- Proactively identifies, develops and implements enhancements to improve processes, compliance oversight and mitigate potential risks to the organization.
- Works collaboratively with functions such as investigations, operations, data and project management.
- Develops training and knowledge updates pertaining to state and federal regulations and internal/client policies and procedures for respective contracted commercial field teams; deliver live and virtual compliance training.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute strategic plans to mitigate risk.
- Strives to ensure continuous communication, education and training consistent with industry practices and solutions, including leveraging available solutions.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and execute deliverables.
- Performs a variety of tasks to support Commercial Compliance initiatives.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of compliance experience in the healthcare (bio/pharma/med device) industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to interact with all levels of the business
- Ability to drive projects to completion, meeting internal and external timeline driven deliverables with a high degree of accuracy and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, exercise independent judgment and demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams with all levels of management and external client personnel.
- Proven ability to collaborate and advice management and clients on compliance matters and develop practical business solutions to mitigate risk.
- Demonstrated ability exercise critical thinking in applying principles, theories and concepts on a wide range of problems.
- Familiarity with components of compliance programs; specific experience in training, communications and/or business process development.
- Demonstrate current working knowledge of various rules, regulations and industry guidance relevant to healthcare compliance.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with employees in different disciplines and at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- 5-15% overnight travel required.
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)