Overview Here at Selling Solutions, a critical segment of Syneos Health, we offer innovative promotional and educational resources that deliver customized commercial solutions to the world's leading healthcare companies so they can focus on what they do best; prevent and treat disease. The spirit of partnership is critical to success at Selling Solutions. We integrate seamlessly with our clients and do what's best for their success. We're hungry for growth; ramping up our client-specific and therapeutic areas of expertise quickly. Our vast experience makes us some of the most talented professionals in the industry. Self-driven, we're inspired by tackling challenges and taking ownership to ensure successful execution. We pride ourselves on our custom and creative solutions, requiring us to be flexible and adapt in our dynamic environment.
Join us as our
Commercial Country Lead Ophthalmology (m/w) - Germany
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the launch of the first targeted therapy for Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), where you will play a key role in leading our European sales team!
As Commercial Country Manager you will lead a team of Key Account Managers, who are tasked with launching a novel medical device for the treatment of dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD). A disease which currently has no other therapeutic option.
In this role you will focus on the delivery towards agreed sales, productivity and performance targets for the designated market through effective leadership, management, direction and coaching of the sales team.
The launch will focus initially in the private segment and then move to the reimbursed segment over time.
- Provide business unit development and leadership (vision, inspiration, motivation, direction, …) for a high performing KAM team in the assigned countries.
- Supporting KAMs with on field visitis and in the management of demanding accounts.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and translate the corporate commercial plan and strategy into local country plans ensuring optimal profitability, and productivity.
- Responsible for country P&L and providing recommendations on how to adapt resources and sales forecasts as needed based on local market environment and performance.
- Translate the corporate marketing strategy into a local strategy
- Supervise the KAMs and evaluate the KPI’s on a monthly basis of the KAM team
- Act like the point of contact for the local markets and solves local issues and problems in an autonomous way respecting the strategic plan whilst reporting to the Global Alliance Lead
- Overall country team leadership understanding and mastering the execution in a matrix organization.
- Work closely with central marketing and sales, medical & market access peers to achieve sales and business objectives and to ensure the development of people.
- Establish constructive relationships with KOL’s, key institutions, authorities.
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission of representative and manager required data e.g. customer coverage/call data, time accountability data, etc.
- Develop and monitor performance against regional budgets (sales, expenses, …)
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of administrative requirements.
- Establish and oversee regional implementation, and monitor adherence to administrative policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute territorial business plans that includes customer identification and prioritization, competitive analysis, business success requirements and implementation plans, future trends, etc. Coordinate regional and national resources.
- A minimum of 4 years experience leading high performance secondary care teams as a 1st line manager
- A self-starter, who is willing to roll up their sleeves and lead from the front
- Enthusiastic, high energy, team orientated person with a “can do” attitude
- An outstanding communicator with proven leadership experience in a 1st line management role
- Experience building and driving high performance secondary care teams with proven sales success
- An exceptional coach
- Experience launching pharma and/or biotech brands in the secondary care environment
- Experience creating the country launch blueprint for an EU Secondary Care Sales team in line with the overarching strategy
- Experience working with training functions to build a cutting edge training programme which builds and develops a high performaning team
- Strong analytical and decision making capabilities and excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisation, financial management, operational capability and business acumen
For more information about this exciting project and its structure, please visit https://www.syneoshealth-commercial.com/ophthalmology
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE!