GSW New York is looking to hire an Art Supervisor.
“Do you speak people?”
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. We are a healthcare advertising agency that thinks just a bit differently, works just a bit closer and dives just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
GSW NY is seeking an Art Supervisor who is responsible for working in partnership with Account Services colleague(s) to lead and manage in all aspects of his/her client relationship(s), with an emphasis on art strategy and development. In addition, this position will help provide overall strategic art plans and initiatives, ensure delivery of high-quality products and services consistent with contracts and agreements. This includes being aware of current communications technology and media channels, including digital, and having the vision to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives. Most importantly, he/she is responsible for setting the creative vision and maintaining the creative standards on-going. He/she contributes to strength of agency-client relationship by nurturing relationship with client through communication, interaction and great work, and sets and maintains high art standards commensurate with company creative expectations.
• Brand owner at the Art Supervisor level
• Oversee multiple Art Director and brands as required
• Provide creative leadership and art standards for multiple brands as needed
• Partner with Copy Supervisor on brand concept development
• Partner with clients on effective creative development
• Presents and fights for the best work, selling ideas internally and to clients
• Monitor and manage team activity to ensure timely delivery of products and services
• Oversee relationships with other marketing partners of clients as required
• Create partnership approach with peers from other departments (e.g. Account Services,
Brand Planning, Medical Strategy, etc.) on client's business-creative vision
• Facilitate communication between team members and clients necessary to maintain
strong relationships and effective creative management
• Acts as a hands-on Art Director
• Provide creative and management direction as well as developmental support to direct
• Participate in new business/client activities and pitches as requested
• Demonstrated experience working on a wide range of accounts and categories
• Strategic Thinking: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends
accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can help create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Can connect strategies to creative
• Ability to manage the creative process, workflow, workload, and resources among writing
• Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between
unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original
and value-added in brainstorming sessions
• 360-Degree Channel Marketing Mind-Set: Sees the complete media picture; familiarity
with leveraging and combining all media to promote a Brand.
• Presentation Skills: Is effective and dynamic in a variety of formal presentation settings:
one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, direct reports and supervisors; is effective in
selling creative rationale and work both inside and outside the organization; instills
respect and can manage meeting flow during the presentations
• Understanding and Implementing Direction: Can understand creative direction based on
objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately
based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues &
needs, the progress of work and results
• Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new
industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of the client's
business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and
skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Demonstrating Ownership and Proactivity: Demonstrates ownership of assigned Brand
work by continually coming up with new ideas proactively. Ability and willingness to show
ownership of Brand work from a visual standpoint
• Willingness to be Flexible: Works beyond what is described in job description as needed.
Willing to be flexible for the team, and ultimately the work.
Willingness to work across teams as needed
• 5+ years experience healthcare art direction --primarily HCP experience
• Ability to grasp a thorough understanding of client's business/category and demonstrate a
best in class creative approach in offering creative solutions to an assigned client or
• Demonstrated success in strategic and concepting skills
• Supervisory and client facing experience