At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
This leader is responsible for effectively working with peers, leadership, their team and corporate to demonstrate results in the following areas: building preference for Lilly (as measured by customer value metric scores), responsibly and effectively engaging employees through the selection and development of talent, effective business ownership, knowledgeable implementation of corporate strategies, and meeting district sales targets.
**Candidate can be based in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, or Knoxville, TN**
Lead a High Performing Team:
- Capable of cultivating a “winning culture” that is customer focused, accountable, and inspires team performance
- Leads and inspires team through organizational transformation
- Collaborates with the district team to develop a vision and strategy that is aligned to the area and business unit
- Inspires commitment to district and/or area goals and gains agreement to how these goals will be accomplished
- Sets high expectations for customer value creation, monitors performance, and takes appropriate action (positive/constructive)
- Understands the health of the team and facilitates group interactions that engage and inspire positive performance
- Engages with and leads with peers, brand teams and internal support teams
Select, Develop, and Retain Talent:
- Select, develop, and retain sales representatives who perform effectively as members of a team
- Identifies, recruits, and selects diverse talent based on the right mix of customer centricity, Lilly leadership behaviors, and local business needs
- Partners with sales representatives to explore and identify their career goals and leverages his/her professional network to provide experiences that develop and retain local talent
- Utilizes the performance management process to inspire individual performance
- Partners with sales representatives to create individual development plans based on evaluation of skill strengths, gaps, and development priorities
Coach to Achieve Business Results:
- Coach and model the process of creating customer value and delivering business results
- Coaches to defined sales representative competencies using the Lilly Coaching Model by adapting coaching and leadership style
- Coaches and models the use of market and therapeutic knowledge
- Coaches and models customer interaction capabilities that result in industry leading customer value and service
- Removes barriers that stand in the way of delivering exceptional customer value and service
- Coaches the process of business ownership by developing a culture that is responsible and accountable for local decision making
- Coaches to ensure understanding of and compliance with all Lilly policies and procedures
Analyze, Prioritize, and Plan:
- Maximize business opportunities by identifying and allocating resources needed to capture
- Capable of analyzing the district business based on the external environment, district trends, and gaps in performance Responsible for prioritizing opportunities based on business unit objectives, resources, and local analysis
- Develops and communicates a knowledgeable district business plan based on prioritized opportunities and multi-channel resources
- Accesses and/or negotiates for, and ensures effective allocation, of required resources to meet district objectives and drive profitability
Execute, Evaluate, and Adjust:
- Manage the district as a business by executing territory and district strategies, measuring results, and making adjustments
- Accountable for execution of the district business plan with discipline and focus and responsibility.
- Evaluates sales representative execution of territory business plans
- Adjusts district business plans based on working local knowledge of the current implementation, results, resource availability, and the changing local business environment
- Identifies key customers and collaborates with appropriate business partners to enhance customer value
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Candidates should have completed the District Sales Manager Assessment process, and be supported by line leadership/HR
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs
- Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
- Extensive experience or thorough understanding of specialty pharmacy distribution model
- Proven ability to lead the service value chain - exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance - across team, peers and leadership.
- Proven track record of leading a large team of sales or other professionals to exceed expectations
- Proven ability to develop people with clear examples of progressing career of direct reports
- Strong business analytical skills (business/financial acumen)
- Ability to incorporate the "total office" selling approach/account management
- Proven ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
- Experience in non-salesrole such as marketing, six sigma, operations, or affiliate leadership
- Quick learning agility/self-development focus
- Patient centric mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sales and/or Management experience in the area(s) of rheumatology and/or biologics/in-office infusions
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required
- Approximately 50%-75% travel
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply:
- Copy and paste the following link into your web browser. This link will re-direct you to the Lilly career page.
- Please note this page is separate from the Syneos Health career page. We ask that you apply using the link above rather than clicking the apply button.
- Once you click the link, you will need to fill out an application on the Lilly career page.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)