“Do you speak people?"
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. As one of the world’s ten most-awarded healthcare advertising agencies, we think just a bit differently, work just a bit closer and dive just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
We welcome graduating seniors to apply for our Graduate Training Program in our New York office. This program allows recent college graduates the opportunity to hold a regular full-time position within GSW. In addition to daily on-the job training, these employees also participate in an extensive in-house training program throughout the first nine months of employment. We find that this unique combination empowers our new joiners and gives them a foundation to build their skill sets further and involve them more in our way of life!
Weekly trainings are run by internal and external trainers, exposing Graduate Trainees directly to our business leaders and shapers. Courses include topics such as Advertising 101, business etiquette, writing skills, pitching training, research, social media, and more.
Relevant work experience/internships and coursework—particularly marketing, advertising, healthcare communications—is preferred.
- Takes responsibility for executing the day-to-day account workload
- Employs a basic understanding of the client’s product/service, industry and competitive environment
- Demonstrates a well-rounded knowledge of marketing disciplines
- Understands agency procedures and utilizes system properly
- Participates in client meetings/conference calls and generates job requisitions, action requests, and conference reports
- Tracks the status of all jobs for accounts both internally and externally
- Works with Creative Services to coordinate and resolve deadlines for all projects to ensure that jobs are organized and completed on time
- Reviews creative materials and routes them to the other Account Services personnel for sign off
- Ensures that ad placements match the media plan
- Follows up with Creative Services to ensure a complete file of correspondences, reference documents and samples
- Creates a log (or extranet) of all new jobs for assigned accounts and for communicating with Creative Services
- Reviews master job list weekly with the account team to determine jobs to be closed or purged
- BA/BS in Marketing/Advertising or related field
- Organizational skills – can marshal and use resources (people, funding, material, support) effectively and efficiently; can perform multiple tasks at once; arranges information in a useful manner
- Process management – good at figuring out the process necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; gets more out of fewer resources
- Priority setting – spends time and the time of others on what is important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks.
- Must have their degree and be available to commence employment on or around July 2019
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- First round phone interview to take place from February through March 2019
- Second round interviews to take place at the NY office in April 2019