“Do you speak people?"
It’s a language many healthcare companies have forgotten - a simple clear way to communicate great ideas that break through because everyone can understand it. No Jargon. No lingo. No catch phrase of the day. We are GSW and speaking people is at the core of everything we do. As one of the world’s ten most-awarded healthcare advertising agencies, we think just a bit differently, work just a bit closer and dive just a bit deeper. And because we talk to each other like people, instead of a corporate machine, we come up with great ideas that talk to clients and customers on the most effective level of all – the human level.
Speaking people isn’t easy. But if you can do it, we need to talk.
We welcome graduating seniors to apply for our Graduate Training Program in our New York office. This program allows recent college graduates the opportunity to hold a regular full-time position within GSW. In addition to daily on-the job training, these employees also participate in an extensive in-house training program throughout the first nine months of employment. We find that this unique combination empowers our new joiners and gives them a foundation to build their skill sets further and involve them more in our way of life!
Weekly trainings are run by internal and external trainers, exposing Graduate Trainees directly to our business leaders and shapers. Courses include topics such as Advertising 101, business etiquette, writing skills, pitching training, research, social media, and more.
As a Jr Art Director in the GT Program you would assist the creative team and share the responsibility for (assigned) brand concept, design, presentation, execution, and production of all projects for assigned accounts. This includes being aware of current communications technology and media channels, and having the vision to utilize them creatively for meeting brand marketing objectives.
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Brand owner at the Junior Art Direction level
- Helps implement the visual brand mandatories and consistencies
- Participates in brand art revisions
- Partners with core team Junior Copywriter on brand and concept development
- Collaborates with Creative, Digital Studio, Account Services, Medical Strategy, Brand Planning, Project Management, Production, the Design Lab, and extended team members
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned brand by continually coming up with new ideas proactively
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned tasks by continually striving to perfect his/her craft
- Helps present and sell ideas internally
- Keeps up to date with trends in branding, marketing, advertising, digital communications technology and media, and related communications industries
- Keeps up to date with trends within the industries specific to assigned accounts
- Is knowledgeable about products and services specific to assigned brand
- Bachelor’s degree— art direction and design degrees—is preferred
- Must have their degree and be available to commence employment on or around July 2019
- Demonstrates ability to use digital media as a creative vehicle
- Proficiency in critical graphic software—primarily Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop)
- Conceptual Creativity: Ability to think in abstract terms; can make connections between unrelated notions; can formulate innovative ideas where others cannot; seen as original and value-added in brainstorming sessions
- 360-Degree Channel Marketing Mind-Set: Sees the complete media picture; familiarity with leveraging and combining all media to promote a brand.
- Understanding and Implementing Direction: Can understand creative direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively. Communicates workload appropriately based on skill sets and talents; communicates well with others on workload issues and needs, and on the progress of work and results
- Industry Application: Picks up on technical things quickly; is good at learning new industry, company, product, and/or technical knowledge developments of the client's business as well as the agency business; has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- First round phone interview to take place from February through March 2019
- Second round interviews to take place at the NY office in April 2019