At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Managed Healthcare Services (MHS) is a mission-driven organization supporting Lilly’s mission of making medicines that help people live longer, healthier, and more active lives. The position of Account Manager, on the MHS Integrated Health team, plays a role in achieving our organization’s vision of being our customers’ preferred company and our purpose of connecting people to Lilly products and solutions.
The Account Manager position – often referred to as a Market Manager – is responsible for developing and maintaining deep healthcare marketplace expertise across multiple customer segments (e.g., Payers, PBMs, Integrated Health Systems (IHS), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), Hospitals, Physician Group Practices (PGP), and Employers) in specifically assigned geographies (i.e., Market Verticals). They are responsible for using this expertise to obtain and/or maintain profitable formulary access and optimal product availability for the entire Lilly product portfolio, while working closely with overlap sales teams on initiatives associated with appropriate utilization and sales pull through of the portfolio. An Account Manager accomplishes this by using Strategic Account Management (SAM) skills, collaborating with other MHS colleagues and sales leadership, and focusing efforts on assigned, validated accounts across customer segments within a defined marketplace, or market vertical. An Account Manager will work with specific customers to understand their business, and associated challenges, needs, and opportunities. They must manage and align expectations across customer segments and other stakeholders in the assigned geography to convey how the Lilly brand can meet the healthcare needs of the stakeholders’ and their members, ultimately to meet the vision and purpose of MHS at a local level.
- Account Management – Strategy Development & Planning
- Develop and execute account management strategy, inclusive of a broad range of customer segments in an assigned geography (e.g., Commercial Payers, Medicare Part D, Managed Medicaid, IHS, IDN, PGP, etc.)
- Lead coordination of account management strategy with overlap District Sales Managers, other Account Managers, and Account Executives, as needed
- Coordinate high impact account planning and execution efforts affecting specific Payers and/or IHS customers to drive identification, development and implementation of collaborative opportunities to ensure optimal patient access to Lilly’s products, while improving patient outcomes
- Identify customer-focused initiatives to enhance Lilly’s brand equity In partnership with key customers across segments
- Partner with Lilly Sales Teams to drive deep understanding of the local healthcare marketplace, while ensuring a successful selling environment
- Collaborate with MHS Contract Management and Analytics (CMA) organization in development of quantitative business cases to support informed and profitable contracting recommendations (if applicable)
- Negotiate profitable contracts on behalf of Lilly portfolio (if applicable)
- Partner with National Account Managers, covering national Payers and PBMs, as well as other internal partners, to administer/execute contracts locally (if applicable)
- Determine and recruit necessary Lilly resources to engage local Payer or IHS customer needs
Account Management – Tactical Execution
- Utilize SAM planning cycle and develop action plans
- Manage, analyze, and adjust levers to obtain optimal business results through strategic prioritization
- Conduct analyses on product and market trends, including patient flow and continuum of care
- Integrate local business planning and implementation plans across partners
- Ensure strong partnership with overlap sales teams and clinical leads to provide insights into customer and marketplace understanding directly impacting profitable access realization
- Establish key relationships with a broad-range of customers to identify and address customers’ explicit needs, and to influence the customer’s decision process
- Remove barriers to delivering timely, exceptional customer experiences
- Develop proficiency in various healthcare payer segments (e.g., health plans, PBMs) and provider delivery models (e.g., IHS, IDN, PGP, ACO, etc.) related to customers
- Identify, develop, and address explicit needs, as appropriate, for customers, arranging for the right resources to get to the right customers at the right time
- Lead and standardize effective business analysis and decisions for the team: Utilize sales performance, competitive, and/or customer or industry data to accurately diagnose customers’ key issues, and select/recommend account management strategies based on this analysis
- Participate in appropriate state and/or local trade organizations to ensure Lilly presence and represent Lilly interests (i.e., ASHP, state societies).
- Demonstrate essential traits to include: a) professionalism, b) the ability to build trusting relationships, c) the ability to communicate in a compelling manner and d) active learning
- Ensure all actions align 100% with company compliance policies and procedures, including all legal and ethical guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- No compliance violations in the last two years
- Professional certification or license (if required by state)
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Some overnight travel will be required (25% to 50%); evening programs possible
- Direct access to a major airport is preferred
- Acceptable driving record will be required
- Should reside within assigned geography or within 50 miles of a contiguous state; candidate should be open to relocation
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Candidate should meet one of the following qualifications:
- Previous Account Management/MHS experience with local payers, hospital, and/or HIS
- Previous Lilly experience as a District Sales Manager
- An incumbent M3/P5 level with Payer/MHS experience
- Broad knowledge of the healthcare delivery landscape
- Experience and working knowledge of competitive interventions in the integrated healthcare marketplace
- Demonstrated learning agility, critical thinking, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship building including cross-functional teamwork skills and the ability to influence
- Strong verbal and written communication and group presentation skills
How to Apply
- Copy and paste the following link into your web browser. This link will re-direct you to the Lilly career page.
- Please note this page is separate from the Syneos Health career page. We ask that you apply using the link above rather than clicking the apply button.
- Once you click the link, you will need to fill out an application on the Lilly career page.
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)