You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else - remarkably smart.
You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. Passable doesn’t cut it – you’ve got fire in your belly to learn more, do more and be more. For you, the sweetest success is shared success and you’re known for your good nature. You’ll fit right in at Syneos Health where we surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
The Human Resources Manager/Business Partner provides comprehensive Human Resource (HR) management services in compliance with local and country HR laws and regulations for field-based client groups within our Commercial Solutions Division. Serves as a consultant to management on HR related issues, such as employee relations, policies and performance reviews. Assesses and anticipates HR-related business needs to deliver a value-added service to management.
- Provides extensive employee relations support and serves as intermediary/counsel between management and employees. Conducts thorough and objective investigations. Counsels management through the stages of performance management, conflict resolution, disciplinary and grievances, exit interviews and terminations. Liaisons with and provides analysis to the Legal department and executive management when involuntary separation is needed.
- Responsible and accountable for managing all HR related functions in support of assigned projects' contractual obligations for field teams. Actively partners with the National Business Director (NBD), Project Manager, client, field organization and internal departments to offer HR expertise and consulting.
- Interacts on a daily basis with designated field teams to identify HR needs and source solutions. Actively partners with NBD and all operational departments to discuss project and business objectives.
- Assists with the performance appraisal process, providing guidance on the process itself and acting as resource to management in the writing of appraisals and providing necessary feedback.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of all HR policies, processes and procedures throughout assigned client groups. Participates in the development and implementation of HR strategies that result in improving business productivity, efficiencies, and retention.
- Analyzes HR metrics and determines appropriate actions based on findings for assigned client groups.
- Provides compensation support/counsel, deferring to the Compensation and Benefit Team when appropriate. Formulates recommendations on external employment offers, promotions, internal equity, and market adjustments.
- Provides benefit support/counsel, deferring to Compensation and Benefit when appropriate.
- Prepares and edits employee communications relevant to assigned client groups designed to provide employees with timely and accurate information and to foster open communications to and from employees.
- Ensures all HR related documents and templates remain current and compliant.
- Responds to EEOC claims in collaboration with Legal. Processes severance agreements when applicable.
- Provides liaison and support to management on long-term illness and special cases.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 10%).
Along with demonstrated initiative, uncompromised integrity and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
Full Syneos Health benefits which include:
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Management or related discipline.
- Minumum of 5 to 7 years experience in a Human Resources Business Partner role; experience supporting a field-based organization preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate sound leadership skills. Experience working with business leaders and external customers as an internal consultant, understanding how organizations work and how HR can help meet business objectives.
- Thorough knowledge and application of employment laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); PeopleSoft a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and collaboration skills along with the abilty to maintaon confidentiality required
- Generous paid time off and company paid holidays
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in a rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)