Syneos Health is currently engaged in a direct hire opportunity with SCILEX Pharmaceuticals to expand one of their MSL divisions.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for delivering healthcare provider education, conducting scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and providing clinical support to internal colleagues. The MSL acts as a central contact for and facilitates regional clinical research and support. In this position, the incumbent will develop and implement SCILEX clinical strategic plan within assigned geographic region.
This position will cover the following territory:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- KOL identification and development. The MSL will identify KOLs within the respective geographic region to build advocacy for SCILEX products and clinical programs.
- Investigator initiated research. The MSL will filter to assess investigator initiated research of interest to SCILEX and serve as day to day link between the investigator and company
- Managed care clinical support. MSL will provide scientific support to account managers in meetings with payers presentation of pre-approved scientific materials and addressing medical/scientific unsolicited questions (on- and off-label). MSL will answer unsolicited medical information requests from payers and HCPs verbally when requested
- Speaker Training. MSL will assist with Speaker identification, development and training in support of marketing group.
- Sales Training. MSL will provide assistance with training efforts of sales representatives/ account managers on company approved clinical data and field questions during approved training initiatives with approved materials.
- Congress coverage. MSL will attend select conventions for medical affairs to provide scientific and booth coverage. Gain competitive intelligence and market information to identify and focus SCILEX clinical program and further product lifecycle management. MSL will assist in development of congress summaries and reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and quality standards as outlined in company policy.
- Adhere to all SCILEX healthcare compliance guidelines in regards to interactions with HCPs and other company personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
PharmD/PhD/MD or other life science degree such as BS Pharm, BSN, MSN, MS with commensurate experience required.
Residency/fellowship preferred. 1-5 years of industry experience required.
Therapeutic experience/expertise in Pain Management preferred.
Time and territory management skills preferred.
Excellent communication skills required.
Demonstrated experience effectively presenting clinical/scientific information required.
- Excellent ability in searching and interpreting medical literature.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is necessary
- Excellent presentation skills are required.
- A positive attitude, flexibility and a proactive thought process.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical information and data.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical measures.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Requires initiative and the ability to maintain a high level of productivity with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, work independently and as part of a team.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
Maintain respective professional licenses as applicable to maintain scientific credentials.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)