As the Digital Strategy Lead, this individual is responsible for the strategic digital direction of Cadent Medical Communications - US. The role requires a deep understanding of how digital can be used to enhance a multichannel HCP engagement strategy, and effectively measure the impact of activities. Recognition of insight approaches is required, including competitor intelligence, influencer mapping and persona development. Technical knowledge is also required, including experience of working with UX designers, developers and promotional activity planning. Working alongside medical communications professionals across the US, the role requires mentoring and leadership to provide a strategic digital direction as required by each client. The position reports to the President, and the leader will collaborate with others across the wider Syneos Health network. A critical part of this position will be integrating digital into all tactical plans and training our teams to deliver.
- Build and lead the digital practice for Cadent US from a strategic and tactical perspective
- Create effective digital strategies and work collaboratively with the accounts and scientific teams to develop and execute digital strategies
- Create new digital offerings as they apply to the Medical Communications discipline; and potentially beyond
- Develop and present digital strategies to Cadent client base as needed
- Develop and present new business proposal to existing and new clients
- Lead and deliver digital projects - a flexible approach is needed to cater for different clients. Digital projects may include but are not limited to:
- Website development, and managing the use of 3rd party medical websites
- Mobile applications
- Online live and on-demand events
- Congress / event tools (e.g. VR for booths, set-up of mobile event tools)
- E-learning modules
- Social media campaigns
- Insight focused projects -e-landscaping, online competitor analysis
- Multichannel strategies
- Lead teams to take client projects from discovery stage, through to concepts, prototype, final functioning deliverables and metrics reporting; including
- Client communications
- Collaborate with Syneos Health digital network to build expertise into the US medical communications offering
- Understand and adhere to technical specifications, client processes and regulations
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and support account teams where further opportunities are possible.
- Train digital team and others in the organization to scale and deliver.
- Must have a passion for digital communications and the ambition to deliver new types of digital projects, and help shape and strengthen the inVentiv team for digital delivery
- Is calm under pressure and works well in a fast paced environment
- Understands the importance of delivering a client what the 'need' (meets business or audience objectives and is within scope), rather than always giving in to what they 'want'
- Self-confident, decisive and assertive
- A consistent and clear communicator who is able to establish effective ways of working with clients and internal teams
- Holds a graduate degree, preferably with a qualification in digital marketing
- 12+ years’ experience working in healthcare digital projects, preferably medical communications
- Must have agency experience, and at least 2 years in the Pharmaceutical environment - therefore understands the often restricted environment in which we operate
- Understands and speaks the technical language needed to work with multiple stakeholders
- Must have solid experience managing user centered research / design methodologies
- Has experience leading multichannel programs including measuring channel or campaign performance.
- Is familiar with multiple CMS platforms and web-based technologies
- Has experience managing and winning new business
- Has experience leading teams of two or more