Updated: February 26, 2019
Location: New York, NY, United States
Job ID: 2305
At Syneos Health, we are building a world class HR team. Human Resources provides a broad range of services, programs and products to Syneos Health employees and business managers. Human Resources manages its operations through a combination of business alignment, cross-business services and functional specialties. Our HR Business Partners lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups to drive outstanding business performance. HRBP’s partner closely with business leaders to drive the Syneos Talent Agenda, consult on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business. We serve as trusted advisors on all HR and talent issues and as partners to the business in the attraction, development and retention of the best talent in the industry.
• Proactively partners with managers as the HR lead for multiple businesses within the Communications group of Syneos Health.
• Collaborates with the Communications Human Resources team and Centers of Excellence throughout Syneos Health to partner on recruiting, compensation, training and development programs, employee engagement initiatives, and various HR efforts.
• Partners with leadership and managers to ensure that the offices are staffed effectively to meet business needs.
• Participates in employee relations and progressive disciplinary practices.
• Manages the independent contractor and temporary employee approval process, ensuring compliance with policies and laws.
• Confers with HR leadership on various employee issues including compensation, employee relations, talent management, progressive discipline, etc.
• Responsible for any immigration cases.
• Implements formalized performance management processes to include annual performance review cycle, personal development plans and performance improvement plans.
• Counsels employees and management on a multitude of employee relations/business relations issues.
• Helps implement HR policies.
• Assists HR leadership in identifying business and employee needs, and then implementing processes, procedures, and training accordingly
• Manages two HR Jr. Generalists ensuring proper development and supervision as needed.
Extensive experience in an HR Business Partner role, preferably in the Communications industry
• Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, shaping organizational strategy, goals and alignment.
• Experience working across cultures and in a matrixed environment strongly preferred.
• Experience working across the various HR disciplines including compensation and talent management.
• Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, global corporate environment
• commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
• Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis
• Proven ability to build and sustain high performing partnerships, both locally and globally
• Familiar with HR reporting with experience analyzing and presenting findings and reports back to the business as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data.
• Experience managing a variety of employee relations issues across geographies.
• BA/BS degree; certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications required along with proficiency with HR systems.
• Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in Human Resources.
• Strong client relationship management and consulting capabilities.
• Demonstrates and models highly effective leadership and influencing skills.
• Capable of rapidly building strong, effective and trusted relationships and networks.
• Creates and inspires trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients; reputation for high personal integrity.
• Highly motivated, energizing and inspiring others to seek higher levels of performance.
• Strong communication skills, ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
• Comfortable ‘owning’ the details and driving execution as well as mapping out broader talent strategies.
• Fundamental knowledge of HR and employment laws.