You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There's one thing you do thats exeptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate sales professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for this District Business Manager role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas – more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organizations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
Reporting to the National Business Director, the District Business Manager (DBM) is responsible for effectively leading and managing a team of Sales Representatives in their assigned geographies. The DBM will be responsible for driving key strategic initiatives and leading the strategy execution within their region. The DBM will be responsible for driving business results through effective cross-functional leadership and collaboration with Sales Leadership, Medical Affairs and other key internal and external stakeholders.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
- Lead, hire, train, develop and coach Sales Representatives; minimize turnover through retention strategies, engagement and recognition; foster a supportive and team oriented working environment.
- Develop, implement and execute approved business plans for the region and effectively implement and execute approved marketing plans
- Review Sales Data and Analysis to respond in a timely manner local and regional market conditions. Drive day to day business results.
- Working collaboratively with Sales Representatives in the region, manage customer relationships and implement approved marketing programs/tactics to achieve sales goals.
- Effectively lead assigned team, identify, discuss and report business gaps and foster the development of strong customer relationships; Maintain a strong working knowledge of the regional business, customers and competition.
- Ensure the implementation of and appropriate delivery of all marketing and sales tactics
- Monitor all field activities within the region and operate appropriately within our compliance guidelines;
- Work with National Business Director to implement goals and objectives, and adhere to metrics which measure and support the goals.
- Provide timely performance feedback and foster a collaborative environment that supports open communication within the team.
- Be a role model for the company culture in all that you do
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Advanced course work in Business/Sales Management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of successful pharmaceutical sales management experience required
- Diabetes (Type 2) or CV experience strongly preferred
- Product Launch, Team Launch experience highly preferred
- Demonstrates a proven and consistent track record of success in leading a team to drive exemplary sales results.
- High level of proficiency in recruiting, selecting, training, developing and motivating a diverse team of sales managers and representatives
- Ability to travel and possess a valid driver’s license to drive to assigned healthcare accounts, unless otherwise specified
Full Syneos Health Selling Solutions benefits which include:
- It is the company’s policy to provide employees with flexible paid time off (PTO) from work can be used for vacation, sick days, floating holidays and personal time
- Domestic Partner Coverage for: medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance
- Medical – Cigna; Dental – Delta Dental; Vision - EyeMed
- Company Match 401K - $0.50 per dollar up to 9% of salary
- Fleet Vehicle
- Eligible to participate in Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Company-paid Basic Term Life Insurance at 2x base salary
- Optional Supplemental Term Life Insurance (100% employee paid): for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- Company-paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Optional Supplemental Short and Long Term Disability (100% employee paid): employee only
- Employee Assistance Program Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Dedicated training and support
Make your work matter everywhere. Be a driving force in the evolution of healthcare sales.
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)