We are looking for a Lead Front-End Developer with a passion for building high quality and user-friendly software for our data solutions business serving the life sciences industry. As a Lead Front-End Developer, you will work in capacity of a tech lead on essential tools & technologies to design & develop our web-based fully responsive data acquisition platform. As a member of the team, you can have a huge impact on everything from the user experience we deliver for our customers, to the web architecture of our systems, to the culture we build. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in developing differentiable user experience with industry leading visualization for our new platforms. You’ll be leaned on as the subject-matter expert when it comes to all-things front end.
Our technical challenges involve designing and developing the next generation user experience using leading-edge UI technologies. It also involves influencing design and co-developing the software APIs/microservices and integrating them to deliver optimal user experience.
- Create and manage web pages and web sites in Visual Studio using ASP.net Webforms and MVC using .NET languages VB.NET and C#.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and tools create new web sites, check health, and deployment to development and production environments along with passion for automation.
- Work closely with Product Manager and cross-functional teams in leading the design, development, and implementation of new products as we expand our product and platform offering
- Evolve our web experience to use fast and fluid rendering and interaction technologies.
- Integrate third party libraries and UI components to create seamless user experience.
- Build great consumer-friendly interfaces that allow consumers an equally effective experience across both web and mobile browsers.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior and mid-level software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
- A design eye to be able to digest mock-ups, visualize UI’s, and pick and visually customize components to fit the look of the application
Proactively keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies and best practices
Education, Level and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience of web development experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience taking a lead role developing exceptional UI-centric software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, native, responsive form factors
- Team player who enjoys collaborating and learning with strong problem-solving ability and a positive attitude
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
- Strong communication skills: self-motivated, self-directed individual with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Front End Development experience, focusing on large-scale, consumer-facing websites and web and mobile applications
- Expert in C#, microservices architecture and familiar with the MVC Framework
- Experience working with JSON objects and communicating with RESTful webservices.
- Experience with one or more web frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone, or similar framework.
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Proficiency of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
- Experience with data visualization tools and/or charting / graphing frameworks
- Artificial Intelligence & machine learning experience preferred, especially with cloud-based computing platform
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required.