Overview You’re bold, empathetic, and very resourceful, especially when results are at stake. You have what it takes: a competitive drive coupled with the exceptional ability to communicate the science behind our client’s products and build lasting business relationships. Such talent and passion make you the right fit for this unique sales role with Syneos Health.
Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies - INC Research and inVentiv Health - we bring together more than 23,000 clinical and commercial minds to create better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment where you'll be supported with comprehensive resources including emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge sharing. Grow your career with a global company committed to shortening the distance from lab to life.
Syneos Health has launched more than 120 sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas – more than the top 25 pharma companies combined. We offer you more than just one job. The diversification and breadth of Syneos Health creates a multitude of career paths and employment opportunities. Our client roster consists of more than 550 organisations including all 50 of the largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
Home based in the UK, the European Medical Scientific Liaison Lead (Ophthalmology), will be responsible for recruiting, coaching and developing. a strong multifaceted team of MSLs who encompass the competencies required to navigate the current and future healthcare landscape.
The European Medical and Scientific Liaison lead will:
- Identify opportunities to gather and socialise scientific and medical insights which contribute to brand strategy
- Work together with commercial, R&D, and other key stakeholders to shape the target product profile and life-cycle management of brand/portfolio
- Turn current and emerging evidence into content of value which is disseminating internally and externally by the MSL team
- Collaborate closely with country teams to develop a strong external network of international, regional and local experts
The EU MSL Lead, works with country/cluster medical and scientific liaison team to ensure appropriate alignment of resources and activities with the overarching strategy.
Other activities will include:
- Recruiting, coaching and counseling a team of MSLs in defined target markets
- Developing and rolling out an overarching medical affairs plan to the MSL team and ensuring flawless execution with the budget and timelines set
- Develop robust qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators which demonstrate value in scientific advancement and monitor performance against these
- Design tools, tactics and templates that foster the sharing of best practice
- Design MSL scientific and skills training events to ensure the team have excellent scientific acumen and an ability to deliver scientific content in ways that provide optimal customercentric experiences.
- Assist the MSL team to build a KOL network at an international, national and regional level.
- Develop investigator sponsored trial (IST) strategy and submission process as outlined and agreed in MSA, SOW and in accordance with all rules, regulations and compliance rules
- Manage the (IST) approval process and approve/reject submissions based upon the aforementioned strategy and budget available
- Develop a plan for publications, advocacy group activity and charitable donations
- Maintain an up to date perspective on the legal, regulatory and compliance landscape in the designated region and develop processes to track change and disseminate to the MSL team
- Ensure that the MSL team follow Syneos Health codes of ethical practice and follow all salient SOPs
- Introduce process improvement initiatives as required to drive quality and efficiency in operations
- Develop and manage resource plan for the country (cluster) per strategy requirements
- Ensure succession planning is in situ for own and team roles
- Assist RWE in data generation.
To be suitable for this opportunity you should have/be:
- A degree within a scientific discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience working as an MSL
- Experience within an MSL leadership role in the pharmaceutical industry
- Independent self starter who is highly perceptive, socially intelligent, and intuitive
- Proven ability to lead and manage an MSL team, with proven coaching/development skills
- Outstanding communicator with Gravitas
- Ability and willingness to collaborate and network internally and externally at the highest level
- A good understanding of the dynamics of a corporate environment and comfortable working in a matrix organisation
- Ability to design cutting edge medical affairs strategies which are aligned with corporate goals
- Creative, innovative, problem-solver
- Ability to identify, simplify and socialise complex information which can be utilised by internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage complex projects in parallel
- Excellent working knowledge of policies and guidance documents related to compliant medical affairs operations, including information dissemination, medical education, and clinical trials
- Strong financial management
- Be commercially astute