The Head of Marketing will develop and drive the implementation of the marketing strategy for up to two key clients within the Syneos Health Commercial division. This role will be responsible for directing and overseeing all marketing activity across the account, incorporating Medical communications, Public relations, Advertising and Digital. They will provide cross functional leadership across the different marketing functions, promoting integration and collaborative thinking. The Head of Marketing will identify and develop operating plans and ensure key client deliverables are achieved. They will ensure that client expectations and goals are identified, measureable, time bound and attainable. This role will work closely with senior leaders across the Commercial division including Medical Affairs, Market Access and Sales to ensure the account delivers and achieves integrated solutions.
- Development of the marketing strategy and operating plan across the Commercial account. This includes defining the brand/product strategy, brand tactics, key activities/deliverables and market development
- Coordinate and oversee all marketing activities across the account; incorporating Medical Communications, Public Relations, Advertising and Digital
- Act as the main client contact for all marketing deliverables
- Exhibit cohesive cross functional leadership across the different marketing disciplines
- Identify and optimize expertise across marketing functions. Working closely with senior leadership teams to develop and implement the clients Brand strategy.
- Ensure that marketing activity is on time, on budget and exceeding the clients expectations
- Help the client to improve their marketing strategy, through research and insights of the competitor landscape and ensure internal capabilities are aligned across Syneos Health
- Drive integration and one client mindset across the marketing function
- Work closely with the Head of Medical Affairs to ensure that marketing activities are aligned with Medical narrative and Medical Affairs deliverables
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across Syneos Health to deliver communication plans, effectively managing contingencies and interdependencies to achieve key business targets
- Consistently delivering internal tactical communication programmes and materials that drive team member understanding and engagement
- Establish clear direction and best practice across the marketing team
- Working with senior leadership and business units spanning Commercial to ensure integration and alignment across the account
- Effectively building relationships with internal team, senior stakeholders and clients
Along with your ability to remain at the forefront of your field, you must possess:
- An understanding of all aspects of product design and brand launch
- Experience navigating multi matrix organization
- Strong strategic/critical mindset
- Ability to adapt to changing internal and external environments
- Ability to work with ambiguity- driving decision making without all the information
- Driven by results
- Ability to lead without authority.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to create credibility with customers that leads to business growth
- Ability to travel as and when required.